Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Its like banging my f***ing head against a brick wall

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
This is driving me INSANE!!

Please tell me im not the only person that has noticed this over the last few months:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Whenever i have a problem,be it with BT,my bank,my internet provider....just about anyone to be honest i ring the helpline/0870 or whatever you have to do to get in contact with them.

Recently,whoever i ring i seem to get a Pakistani or an Indian on the other end of the phone.They havent got a clue what they are talking about and seem to read everything off a f***ing screen,which makes them sound like robots:angry: :angry: :angry:

Ive just spent a good 10 mins on the phone to BRITISH telecom with a query about my bill,and ive got an indian woman on the other end.I cant understand HER...she cant undersand ME!:angry:

What is the f***ing point.She then got all arsey when i asked if i could be put through to an ENGLISH person as my indian wasnt up to scratch and i needed to resolve my problem.
She eventualy admitted there wasnt a ENGLISH person in her call centre:angry: :angry:

In the end i got so mad i just hung up on her.And i still havent sorted my phone bill out.:angry: :angry:

Please tell me im not the only person to have noticed that the entire BRITISH telephone system seems to have been take over by ASIANS:angry:

:flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
And I bet most of them are GAY as well! Bastards! Sitting there, answering phones at less than minimum wages, deliberately talking in really thick foreign accents, eating curries with their fingers and thinking homo thoughts.

We need good young ENGLISH call centre staff with ENGLISH supervisors!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

;)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Its cheap!!!!!!

Why do you think they ship out all this stuff to India?

Of course if you complain you are termed racists!

BTW Interesting one for LI here. He is a shop steward protecting the rights of "british workers" but also his politics are all for supporting the downtrodden against the capitalist yankee pig dogs. Any thoughts oh Irish One?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You're damn right Junior, I've had similar problems as I know many have. It may save companies money in the short term but many people are looking elsewhere as they too are tired of it.

I don't blame people from the Indian sub continet for having an accent I can't understand, that's not their fault is it ? I do blame the companies who put their call centres there especially as it's quite clear than many of the call centre staff are ill trained and have to work from a very simple but inflexible script.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
The trouble with Call Centres is that they can cope with the mundane stuff, no problem but if anything needs escalating, they haven't got a clue.

The question "Can I speak to a Supervisor" is usually met with a standard response along the lines of "there's no-one here to take your call".

What a load of CRAP.

Oh and by the way, DELL are SHIT as well

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
KinkyGoebels said:
The thing that annoys me as they ask you the same question 4 times as they cant understand you

Here here!!

So i am actualy talking to someone in INDIA or wherever?:eek: :eek:

Anyone got any ideas what i can say on the phone to them or how to complain??

I was trying to sort something out with my internet provider over the weekend and every time i got an asian,so i hung up and thought if i keep ringing there must be an english person working in there...sooner or later i'll get them awnsering.

I must have tried about 15 times with no luck.

If the actual call center was in f***ing Pakistan no wonderi didnt get an English person:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
junior said:

If the actual call center was in f***ing Pakistan no wonderi didnt get an English person:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

i think you'll find that the call centre in Pakistan is out of action at the moment.
;)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The sister problem to foreign call centres is the lack of response to customer letters. Does anyone read letters anymore?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I called National Rail the other month to inquire about a rail journy from Eastbourne to Amersham. The only reason that i called was because for some reason the web site was saying that there was only one train a day and that did not get there untill about 11pm.

The guy at the other end told me the same information. I pointed out to him that there were trains every hour from Watford to Amersham, to which he agreed.

I then told him that there were trains to Watford from Brighton ever 30 - 45 minutes. Again he agreed.

So I asked him how it could take 14 hours to get from Eastbourne to Amersham. To this he replied that that was what the computer was telling him.

I then tried to explain that I KNEW that was what the website was saying but also KNEW it was wrong. He said that the computer was nevr wrong, etc etc etc.

In the end I just worked out each part of the journy myself.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Pavilionaire said:
The sister problem to foreign call centres is the lack of response to customer letters. Does anyone read letters anymore?

My bank manager didn't but he did when he got the writ.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I phoned up Sky the other month and the Indian bloke at the other end insisted I had dialled Norwich Union direct, so (thinking I had made the schoolboy) phoned back CAREFULLY and again the Indian woman told me I had dialled the wrong number, then said oh, I can put you THROUGH to Sky if you want !!!!!!!!

After a long wait I finally got through, but I'm also sick to my back teeth of having to constantly repeat myself just to get the most basic of services, its not a racism issue, but its amazing how these 0870 numbers start really racking your bill up, its FRIGHTENING to think with all the corruption in Indian business life that these people have DIRECT access to your most personal of details.

I've heard a few tales already of identities being sold in India via call centre workers, it may be cheap, but what benefits do we see from it.

JACK SHIT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here