Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's going to get REALLY cold

Lush

Mods' Pet
Apparently...

"Brr! Get ready for first blast of winter by Argus news team

SUSSEX is facing one of its coldest winters in years.

Temperatures could drop to minus 6C in unrelenting bitter spells are predicted from Monday onwards.

Experts say it will be a taste of what is to come over the next few months as regular cold fronts sweep across the region.

This year's ominous predictions have been made by Andrew Bond, a senior forecaster for Metcheck.com, who was one of the only people to correctly predict that the summer would be a wash-out back in March.

If he is correct this time, the county could be in for months of icy winds and biting cold.

He said: "From what we are predicting, Britain could see its coldest winter of the century so far.

"It is time to ditch the wellies for woollies - it will be a lot more cold and less wet than previous winters."...."

Oh well. I'm off to Ibiza for a week on Sunday....

:cool:

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I can't wait to see Juan's response to the threat of -6 degrees:D Probably put on his late summer shorts....:lolol:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
-6, we had - 31 in Whistler last winter, that felt a tad nippy :D

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Lush said:
Apparently...

"Brr! Get ready for first blast of winter by Argus news team

SUSSEX is facing one of its coldest winters in years.

Temperatures could drop to minus 6C in unrelenting bitter spells are predicted from Monday onwards.

Experts say it will be a taste of what is to come over the next few months as regular cold fronts sweep across the region.

This year's ominous predictions have been made by Andrew Bond, a senior forecaster for Metcheck.com, who was one of the only people to correctly predict that the summer would be a wash-out back in March.

If he is correct this time, the county could be in for months of icy winds and biting cold.

He said: "From what we are predicting, Britain could see its coldest winter of the century so far.

"It is time to ditch the wellies for woollies - it will be a lot more cold and less wet than previous winters."...."

Oh well. I'm off to Ibiza for a week on Sunday....

:cool:

i came back from ibiza just over two weeks ago and the weather was ok but quite a few days cloudy and we had two days of rain.

i think the whole world climate is changing and you just can't guarantee the weather anywhere.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Four years ago we moved 240 miles south from Aberdeen to get some warmer weather ... and its still fecking freezin here!!
Now youre saying its gonna be even colder!!!!!
:nono:

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The last week or so has been fookin brass monkees up north, AND BLOODY WET!!!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
On the Left Wing said:
Four years ago we moved 240 miles south from Aberdeen to get some warmer weather ... and its still fecking freezin here!!
Now youre saying its gonna be even colder!!!!!

:lolol:

Sorry, so OTLW decided to move from Aberdeen to Newcastle to get some warmer weather?

:clap:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Looking forward to a good cold winter. I'd rather have cold than rain any time.

Hope it's real brass monkeys.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Gwylan said:
Looking forward to a good cold winter. I'd rather have cold than rain any time.

Hope it's real brass monkeys.

Me too.

** Useless information alert **

The saying "freeze the balls off a brass monkey" came from when ships were armed with cannons. The cannonballs were stored in a brass square rack, called a monkey, which when it froze, contracted, thus causing the cannonballs to fall off.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
snowboard waxed and at the ready :smokin:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I don't mind the cold. Perhaps it's something to do with my thick layers of body hair and blubber.

The Aussies who work in my office annoy me a tad. All they talk about is the weather and how changeable it is and how they got wet this morning and how "back home" it's constant sunshine.
Well, whoop-de-f***ing do. I can lie in the sun and get roasted like some headless boar with an apple shoved in its neckhole. No thanks, i'll have a change of seasons if you don't mind, rather than one mind-numbing, cancerous constant.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Think I have to agree in that I too would be fooked off living 12 months of sun (Oz) and would miss the winter!! Beilieve it not!

:lolol:

.....Actually thinking about I wouldn't in fact miss the CRAP GREY GLOOMY AND DULL ENGLISH WEATHER

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
My brother regularly has temperatures in Sapporo of -25 degrees in winter, yes, you read that correctly. They clear the snow off the road, then dump it on the side of the pavement, so you have a huge snow wall between the road and the pavement, so it's like walking along a corridor. Every householder is required to clear his or her bit of pavement. But get this, the roads are heated. Can you imagine anywhere else having that. They even hold a snow festival each year, when they build copies of famous buildings. If you ever go there, the beer hall is well worth going to:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here