Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's blinkin cold and I don't mean a bit nippy.

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

I'll tell ya, I grew up in the 80's, so I know cold weather when I meet it.

This is up there with 87. And you know what could happen with that.

Same timescale as well, early February.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You should have lived through 63 if you really want to talk about prolonged cold and snow.

The year my mother and father decided we should move from the Archway in N.London to a farm in a hamlet called Toller Fratrum in the Dorset backwaters....
Helicopters were bringing us food for a couple of months, and the snow was higher than our front door...in the spring, we hightailed it back to London.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The year my mother and father decided we should move from the Archway in N.London to a farm in a hamlet called Toller Fratrum in the Dorset backwaters....
Helicopters were bringing us food for a couple of months, and the snow was higher than our front door...in the spring, we hightailed it back to London.

Did it not occur to you, that is was a one off?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
In the Fifties, winters were always like this with the high pressure sitting over the country. Just round the corner from where HB&B had his snow trauma, the snow was above my head and my short trousers were no match for the snow tunnels most of the local kids were building in the huge banks of snow.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
freezing-cold[1].jpg

Cold here to.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009

Oi Oi saveloy, I'm an archway boy too!

Lived there from 82-2003 when I hightailed it to sunny Brighton (-5) as it's a shit-hole. Has a McDonald's now though, and I don't mean mcdonners the kebab shop.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Oi Oi saveloy, I'm an archway boy too!

Lived there from 82-2003 when I hightailed it to sunny Brighton (-5) as it's a shit-hole. Has a McDonald's now though, and I don't mean mcdonners the kebab shop.

:)

Where I lived (Salisbury Road) was knocked down and some estate was built there...We used to live next to the old Whittington Stone pub that was on the corner, and my mother worked in the Hospital there...

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
its a chilly 20 degrees in Abu Dhabi, seriously thinking of putting a jumper on!!!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here