Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's an afternoon in August and I am cold

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
No, I'm not outside with wet clothes, I'm dry inside yet seriously considering putting the gas fire on... in August FFS! It's about 13 degrees Celsius in Notts right now; who on this planet is currently getting the heat that we should be having?

I know WTF, laying on the sofa watching SSN with a blanket on:tantrum:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No, I'm not outside with wet clothes, I'm dry inside yet seriously considering putting the gas fire on... in August FFS! It's about 13 degrees Celsius in Notts right now; who on this planet is currently getting the heat that we should be having?

Get yourself a ticket for the WSU tomorrow. That'll soon warm you up. It's 100°C in there according to some. Phew wot a scorcher! :lol:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not cold but got soaked coming home. Egypt has 41 degrees today... I'll be there in three weeks so couldn't care less what the weather does here!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I just feel sorry for the seafront traders. They get shat on by the weather every single Summer, seems like. At least in, say, the Greek Islands, they are guaranteed an income large enough to make their money for the year in about four or five months, enough to put the whole show in mothballs for eight months and bugger orf to Athens for the Autumn/Winter/Spring.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lovely afternoon in Brighton today. Had the day off, took the kids to the park, sat around in the sunshine in t-shirt and shorts.

Think this has been a pretty good summer TBH. Hardly any cricket rained off and I've only once got wet on the way to work.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
It's tropical down here in Hove - T shirts & shorts.

Get yourself back down Sarf Nottseagull - you know it makes sense.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
It's tropical down here in Hove - T shirts & shorts.

Get yourself back down Sarf Nottseagull - you know it makes sense.

Double post - bollocks !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I just feel sorry for the seafront traders. They get shat on by the weather every single Summer, seems like. At least in, say, the Greek Islands, they are guaranteed an income large enough to make their money for the year in about four or five months, enough to put the whole show in mothballs for eight months and bugger orf to Athens for the Autumn/Winter/Spring.

After the amazing April and early May, other than the odd week or day, Summer fizzled out. That's been about 5 Summers in a row now.

Looking forward to being warmed up in the WSU concourse tomorrow!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Won't get any better, will it? Presumably we'll get the wind and rain next week that is the remnants of hurricane Irene, as we always seem to get the dregs of any Caribbean/eastern seaboard storm.

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Just got back from Costa del Sol,been lovely out there! dunno what you`re, moaning about,anyway,with all this "Global warming" isn`t England supposed to be the new Spain?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Up north , its f***ing cold up north.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here