Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Its all because of LDC & Falmer

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Lets get our facts straight shall we, I think selling Currie was the worst thing this club could have done and it shows us all what a state the finances are in. Its not Dick Knights fault. The blame falls directly on LDC & Falmer residents laps for holding up this enquiry. At the moment I feel like punching something because it is so frustrating. What annoys me is there is no law which allows us THE COUNCIL TAX PAYER to question LDC about wasting money, becuase it is my money they are using to fund this enquiry and hold everything up, but the thing that has annoyed me most is that LDC never asked for our opionions and went ahead and spent our money. Its a fffffffing disgrace.
:censored: :angry: :censored: :censored:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You did have an opportunity to question them - Lord Bracknell did just that - but they chose to ignore him anyway. 'It's our policy...' :rolleyes:

But other than that, I agree. Whoever you choose to punch, give them one from me.

Last edited:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
adrian29uk said:
Lets get our facts straight shall we, I think selling Currie was the worst thing this club could have done and it shows us all what a state the finances are in. Its not Dick Knights fault. The blame falls directly on LDC & Falmer residents laps for holding up this enquiry. At the moment I feel like punching something because it is so frustrating. What annoys me is there is no law which allows us THE COUNCIL TAX PAYER to question LDC about wasting money, becuase it is my money they are using to fund this enquiry and hold everything up, but the thing that has annoyed me most is that LDC never asked for our opionions and went ahead and spent our money. Its a fffffffing disgrace.

How can it be their fault? They did not come up with the idea of a football ground there. They are entitled to their opinions - even if they are counter to the club's, and the fans' wishes.

If a less controversial site had been found we could have a new ground by now. As it is, the Club is potless and cannot afford to consider any other options because all of their eggs are in the one basket.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Re: Re: Its all because of LDC & Falmer

3gulls said:
If a less controversial site had been found we could have a new ground by now.

And this mecca of a site is located where?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley

3gulls said:

If a less controversial site had been found we could have a new ground by now. As it is, the Club is potless and cannot afford to consider any other options because all of their eggs are in the one basket.

FFS DON'T say that 3gulls.

They'll all close ranks and accuse you af not knowing what your talking about.
You should know that there is "an opinion" and "a NSC opinion" and the 2 shouldn't be confused.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Re: Re: Re: Its all because of LDC & Falmer

gerbil said:

You should know that there is "an opinion" and "a NSC opinion" and the 2 shouldn't be confused.

Nobody is forcing you to post on here. There are other Brighton sites.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs

3gulls said:
How can it be their fault? They did not come up with the idea of a football ground there. They are entitled to their opinions - even if they are counter to the club's, and the fans' wishes.
No they are not entitled to their opinion. They are democratically elected and publically accountable to the electorate. If the public object to money being spent on something, the council should be able to justify it, and should justify it.

If a less controversial site had been found we could have a new ground by now.
That's not an opinion, it's a fact. So is, "if I had pot loads of money, I wouldn't have a mortgage" No-one has found a less controversial site. fact.

As it is, the Club is potless and cannot afford to consider any other options because all of their eggs are in the one basket.
The club is potless because it has a poxy expensive temporary ground (remember the alternative was a 150 mile round trip to Gillingham). All the eggs are in one basket because we're potless, not the other way round. To get Falmer the Club has to show there is no alternative. What would be the point of having a public Plan B? Or do we just throw away the £2.5 million already spent?

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
adrian29uk said:

I can't see it myself. NIMBYs (i.e. Falmer) do not exert that much political pressure to cause that much trouble.

The explanation must lie elsewhere.

Either some other organisation is exerting political muscle, or the Falmer plan is flawed. Or both? Make up your own mind!

NIMBYs cannot cause that much trouble. If you have ever tried to stop a McDonald's outside your front door, or high density apartments blocking out your view, or a temporary sports stadium, you soon realise, that you can do eff all about it!

It just don't make sense. Blaming the NIMBYs is a convenient excuse. It is like blaming the referee for losing a football game. It may play a part, but it ain't the main reason.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Of course one NIMBY can cause problems. One resident in Withdean caused problems with getting the extra seats in.

I have questioned my local councillors as to why they are using my council tax money to fight something that is not even in their district.

You get the usual politicians answer - saying a lot of words but meaning nothing :angry:

Chopper West

Dec 9, 2004

3gulls said:

Less controversial? I seem to remember a referendum where there was a 9 to 1 majority in favour. Sausagejockey:angry:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

perseus said:
I can't see it myself. NIMBYs (i.e. Falmer) do not exert that much political pressure to cause that much trouble.
NIMBYs cannot cause that much trouble.
Absolute rubbish !!!!!!!!!!
Supermarkets, the road lobby and big companies might be able to take them on. We have no chance against them.
The Nimbys have prevented every scheme to create interesting architecture in Brighton. Every new building in Brighton is at best bland.
Do you drink in the Swan, Percy?
Getting back to the original point, the arrogance of the Lewes LibDems towards their electorate is breathtaking. Use your votes sensibly.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Don't worry mona. I shall. I have made it clear to my local councillor.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Lewes Liberal Democrats could be such a political organisation. But they do not seem powerful enough on their own?

Anyrate the Lewes MP and Councillors are elected representatives and can be voted out.

As for Brighton Councillors, they may listen to NIMBYs and some of them seem swayed by them (or their arguments).

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I believe Brighton council voted 11-1 in favour of Falmer.

The problem with planning in this country is that a few can make a lot of trouble for the majority. Democracy in planning? :nono:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Brighton Councillors voted 11-1 in favour of Village Way North.

Village Way South was withdrawn without a vote being taken. It might have got rejected?

Then NIMBYs and political groups got it called in for the inevitable Public Inquiry (because Falmer Village Way is an AONB and not zoned for sports and recreation in the Local Plan).

Last edited:

Re: Re: Re: Its all because of LDC & Falmer

gerbil said:

I really don't understand you Gerbil. You post accusations on this site with no evidence to back them up, and then get all upset when the majority turn on your flawed arguments and offensive suggestions.
Your opinion is your right, but if you cannot back it up with facts or solid argument then yes you will get flamed. As DD says, if you don't like it you know what you can do.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
What really winds me up is the "I'm right and you're wrong" attitude from certain people on here like Lokki.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion albeit it might differ from someone elses.
Just because I don't agree with most people on here it doesn't mean that what i think is any less valid.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here