Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

its 2.45 am and my nieghbour is singing along drunkenly .............

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

to Suzanne Vega amonst other shit am I an old fart if I have a go and tell her to shut the f*ck up we own our flat she rents the flat upstairs her landlord is shit scared of me so I have a good mind to ring him as well now to have a go

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Let it play.

I think I f***ed off my whole street earlier with my decks. I rewired a subwoofer and I think it was noisy. :clap: :drink: :angry: :shootself :jester: :wave: :dunce: :jester: :angry: :shootself :drink: :drink: :clap: :bounce: :flameboun :censored:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I came in at half past one, went to sleep at around two, was woken up again sometime later by the lad next door having a screaming match with his mother, and by the sounds of it smashing the house up. Now it must have been loud as I live in a Victorian house, and they certainly knew how to build things, not some new build with wafer thin walls.

It wouldn't bother me so much but this is starting to become a regular occurrence, what do I do, front the young scally and offer some friendly advice, or wait until Tuesday, when the friend I was visiting last night is coming round for dinner and play loud music into the early hours to get my own back. I might add that since moving into the street in February I have been the model neigbour, far too considerate of everyone else in the street.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Confront them otherwise it will never stop.

We had the neighbours from hell a few years back couldn't work out whether he beat her up or the other way round - eventually it was more her than him.

Suffice to say after repeated warnings from us and the people the other side of them eventually just used to call the police.

Not a happy time to say the least.

Crazy Cornish Gal

Dec 26, 2003
Brighton
Same thing here! At 5am this morning there was a very irritating basleline (where you can't hear any music just the thud, thud, thud) and lots of loud voices i was not impressed!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
hove born&bred said:
to Suzanne Vega amonst other shit am I an old fart if I have a go and tell her to shut the f*ck up we own our flat she rents the flat upstairs her landlord is shit scared of me so I have a good mind to ring him as well now to have a go

If she lives on the second floor, is her name Luca?

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The only thing here is that I have chatted with the mother, over the garden fence, a few times and she seems very pleasant. The other factor here is that I am about to leave the country until November and a friend is moving in to house sit for me, the mother mentioned that her son is going off to the States to study soon so there is a fair chance he will be gone by the time I return. Mind you the other week I was woken twice in one night by a man banging on the door (he was shouting loudly and I believe was in a relationship with her daughter at one stage but went to prison for something), he was verbally threatening her, if he comes back for a repeat performance I will call the Police without a second thought.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sounds like it might resolve itself.

The problem we had only went away when they finally split and moved away.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Crashed in the security guards office again last night in oxford and some prick was having a slash up the door,so opened it and said f*** off:lolol: he nearly died of shock.:lolol:

Getting to the point its normal for people to be noisy when pissed,so yeah you are getting old and senile.:lolol:

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
The police don't do anything about noisy neighbours no matter how loud they are or the time of night. They'll only get involved if you believe there is going to be a breach of the peace. ie. violence.

If you phone them they'll give you the number for some social services noise abatement mob. They come around and see how much noise there is and then knock on the door if it's unreasonable.

The 'get your own back by playing louder music' thing doesn't work as these people are often too stupid and inconsiderate to realise they are annoying other people.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I heard the man verbally threaten to "cut the womans face up" before he raged off down the street, he came back later but only stayed for a few minutes, I think a repeat of the first incident would be enough to get the Police involved.

D

Deleted User X18H

magoo said:
The police don't do anything about noisy neighbours no matter how loud they are or the time of night. They'll only get involved if you believe there is going to be a breach of the peace. ie. violence.

If you phone them they'll give you the number for some social services noise abatement mob. They come around and see how much noise there is and then knock on the door if it's unreasonable.

The 'get your own back by playing louder music' thing doesn't work as these people are often too stupid and inconsiderate to realise they are annoying other people.

She has been very sheepish today if it happens again I will be on to her landlord in real time ie the exact time she is keeping me awake or distrbing my peace I will threaten her landlord with the thought of some unpleasent instances lets say I have a few thing on him.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I got my neighbours very pissed off by plaing the first Fatboy album at a very high volume at 2 AM. I thought they were away, dammit :)

They moved out fairly shortly afterwards, I wonder why...

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Hove B&B, be very careful not to actually threaten the man, at least in the first instance "advise" him that the situation with the tennant is giving grounds for concern, if he is an intelligent man he will accept your generous advice and act accordingly.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I don't know the exact legal standing on this but I have seen it on Look North (local BBC tv station in Yorkshire) where the local council conviscated a tenant's stereo equipment for breaking noise abatement levels on a persistent basis.

I think if you contact the local council they may be able to advise you on this.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Good advice Yorkie, the other organisation that might be able to help are the Citizens Advice Bureau, I am sure they will get questions like this on a fairly regular basis.

D

Deleted User X18H

Gully said:
Hove B&B, be very careful not to actually threaten the man, at least in the first instance "advise" him that the situation with the tennant is giving grounds for concern, if he is an intelligent man he will accept your generous advice and act accordingly.
Thank you for your advice and concern Gully apprecaited , however the only threats/thoughts I was going to pop in his head was the fact I know (she) his tenant has no proper tenancyagreement and that he pockets the rent in cash and doesn't pay income tax on it, as he I heard him boast about this on his mobile phone - anyway since yesterday she has been very very quiet and shy:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here