Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Italian restaurants in Hove

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
So which is the best for a night out with friends? I usually go to Otellos as its quick service and decent food but it's not really the best atmosphere for a lingering, relaxed meal. Any recommendations on the others... (and before people start branching out on 'The Ginger Pig', 'Giggling Squid' etc they're not an option..... I know there are better restaurants than the Italians but the friends are insisting that's all they want :shootself:).

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Go to Marroccos.

Never knew you could get good food there in the evenings but they do amazing fish

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Does it have to be Hove?

I'd suggest Al Fresco. Not cheap, I reckon but the best pizza in town bar none... :)

Yep. Sadly it has to be Hove. Their idea of a night out over here normally is the Marina because of the parking... they seem to be averse to walking more than 2 minutes and have convinced themselves that Hove is some kind of gangster paradise where they're bound to be robbed if they're out after dark. I suppose I should point out these are friends of a friend...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Gallilaios ( sp ? ) in Woodland Drive is pretty good. Loads of parking as well !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yep. Sadly it has to be Hove. Their idea of a night out over here normally is the Marina because of the parking... they seem to be averse to walking more than 2 minutes and have convinced themselves that Hove is some kind of gangster paradise where they're bound to be robbed if they're out after dark. I suppose I should point out these are friends of a friend...

Why on earth are you going out for a meal with them?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Does it have to be Hove?

I'd suggest Al Fresco. Not cheap, I reckon but the best pizza in town bar none... :)

Incorrect Mr Large, as it doesn't have a wood fired oven they cannot be better than average. Try the place the Italians go to ,which does, La Capanina Kemp Town

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I live just off the Church Rd strip and must say in all my years of living here have never felt inspired to enter any of the Italians except for Othelo and this was only once. They look average and from what I have heard are average.

If they really are amici di amici (come si dice in Sicilia), they will know how to ensure that they are protected.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
If you fancy bumping into our friends from the Basque country try the great Latino which was half Spanish/half Italian (as the the owners) when I used to frequent but has shut & reopened since those days...

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
I would have normally suggested La Piazza on Church Road, until I only recently noticed (having not been in this part of town for a while) that they have closed down - anyone know what happened?!

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I went to Otellos a couple of weeks ago and found it overpriced for what it was and the service terrible!

I would say Topolino on new church road towards Palmeira square. Great food and service in there. I always used to see Dick Knight and Mark McGhee in there as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here