Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It has to be the AMEX Arena

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Over the last few days I have had loads of people taking the piss out of the name "The American Express Community Stadium", and I think they're right, it sounds cock.

As others have mentioned the AMEX Arena sounds about 100 times better. Do you think the club will listen?

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
just tell them the deal didn’t go through and it will now be called falmer stadium permanently

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
just tell them the deal didn’t go through and it will now be called falmer stadium permanently

Falmer would do for me, but it doesn't earn £5million or whatever number they are paying us.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Who really gives a toss what its called?- The Amex is what it shall be known as in short anyway. And most people will still call it Falmer. Dont care what other people think of the name, the stadium does it justice, not the name.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Who really gives a toss what its called?- The Amex is what it shall be known as in short anyway. And most people will still call it Falmer. Dont care what other people think of the name, the stadium does it justice, not the name.

You are quite right of course.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
It'll be shortened to the Amex Stadium without doubt. They won't (thankfully) throw Arena in the mixer.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Too late now, but you're right, American Express Community Stadium DOES sound a bit wordy/shit. Even that argus article suggested so, and they've barely said a bad word about the club since Bloom took over.

Still, great sponsor for a League 1 club really, and better than nothing

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I can't believe the amount of fuss over the stadium name! Do people not realise how big Amex is? It is one of the biggest and most respected service brands in the world, given the fact that we were struggling with relegation to league 2 for a long time last season, we should be gratefull!

Over the last few days I have had loads of people taking the piss out of the name "The American Express Community Stadium", and I think they're right, it sounds cock.

As others have mentioned the AMEX Arena sounds about 100 times better. Do you think the club will listen?
It's surely up to American Express what they call their own company? Brighton Soccer Club can't go changing that bit of the stadium name just because we don't like the sound of it.

The Club has taken the dollars. It has to deliver on the deal that has been signed.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Too late now, but you're right, American Express Community Stadium DOES sound a bit wordy/shit. Even that argus article suggested so, and they've barely said a bad word about the club since Bloom took over.

Still, great sponsor for a League 1 club really, and better than nothing

I think you have picked up a new marketing slogan for them there Mr. Wanderer.

American Express. It's better than nothing! :lolol:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
It can'be the Amex Arena because it is NOT an arena!!:facepalm:

Turkey , please take note for FM2011

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

The full name is indeed wordy and slightly naff. However I AM pleased that we didn't end up with something both wordy and INCREDIBLY naff such as "The Seagulls Nest sponsored by American Express"

Can't agree that 'Amex Arena' sounds better though. Shorter, yes, but I really don't like the word 'Arena' when applied to a football ground. Just a personal view of course, so I'm happy with the official name - although I'll never use it personally. I thnk each of us as individual fans will use whatever name we want, at least initially. I realise I've actually been calling it 'the new ground' in conversations recently, so I'm gradually letting go of the word 'Falmer'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here