Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IT goes against the grain but you have to applaud Harry

You have to applaud Harry don't you

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
for what he has done at Spurs don't you?

Don't like the guy but...getting to the Champion's League is pretty impressive given the competition and the fact that they were in a relegation place when he took over last year.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I voted to keep Spurs stuff off,but Harry is a very good manager,even if he does have a bit of a spiv reputation.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm no Spurs fan but he's done a brilliant job there - to take a side from the relegation zone to the CL in 18 months is no mean achievement.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Doesn't go against my grain at all - he is one of the best managers in the country, and I like to hear him talk - and he's English and has a good representatin of English players in his team. Deserves all the plaudits he gets now.

What he said! :clap2:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I loathe Tottenham but have to say that 'Arry 'as done a great job there. He had them playing as a well organised team verses City's expensively assembled group of individuals.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Second biggest net spend in the last three years.

Lucked out in not being able to hawk Bale, Pavlyochenko and others to other clubs in January.

I applaud him more for the mess he has left Pompey in...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Why do you? Spent a fortune and with the players they have should have been a there or there abouts with or without the cockney geezer.

And Andy Gray pissed off me off with his statement about fans would prefer their team to finish 4th than win the FA cup. Personally I would much prefer the FA cup and a trip to Wembley than finishing 4th.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Personally I think he's quite good, but also one of the LUCKIEST managers around.

He wanted to ditch Pavluchenko, wanted to get rid of Lennon and Bentley in part-ex with various transfer targets in the past few months. Yet ALL of them have come back and contributed superbly. Lucky for him it's a world cup year really. Would Pavluchenko really have been motivated to this extent at any other time?

You can't really argue with 4th spot though, and he seems to instill confidence into players he has faith in. The way he handled Gomes was first class, and he's reaped the rewards. Oh, and he has had money to spent, as usual, so he's not the miracle worker he'd have everyone believe.

for what he has done at Spurs don't you?

Don't like the guy but...getting to the Champion's League is pretty impressive given the competition and the fact that they were in a relegation place when he took over last year.

They were in a relegation place down to Ramos, who virtually dismantled the team and distributed their best players...including several to Sunderland.
If Liverpool for instance, got a manager with some nous to replace Benitez, they might have delivered on the empty promise that idiot made to finish in the top four.
With the dough to spend, Harry had it all going for him - and let's face it City didn't play as a team, really, on the night. That is what they are commonly criticized over, and it looks to be a fair criticism in my opinion.
I just can't understand why English clubs hire some of the managers they do, or how those managers get to be successful elsewhere.

Now either Fulham should hand out a wodge of moolah to Hodgson or expect to have him poached off them - because he's another good manager.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I must admit, I get a more smug sense of satisfaction in watching City bring in a designer manager (complete with poncey sky blue scarf) and be totally out-played and out-thought by Harry Miracleworker.

Would Mark Hughes really have done any worse?

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds

Lucked out in not being able to hawk Bale, Pavlyochenko and others to other clubs in January.

This

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Why do you? Spent a fortune and with the players they have should have been a there or there abouts with or without the cockney geezer.

And Andy Gray pissed off me off with his statement about fans would prefer their team to finish 4th than win the FA cup. Personally I would much prefer the FA cup and a trip to Wembley than finishing 4th.

Well, Crouch certainly said that winning last night was better than winning the FA Cup. That may be a little sad, but it a sign of the times I''m afraid.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Despite turning down bids for Bale and Pav.... if he didnt want them they wouldnt be there ala Hutton and Keane

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
He wanted to ditch Pavluchenko, wanted to get rid of Lennon and Bentley in part-ex with various transfer targets in the past few months. Yet ALL of them have come back and contributed superbly. Lucky for him it's a world cup year really. Would Pavluchenko really have been motivated to this extent at any other time?

Russia are not in the would cup though are they. So Pavlyuchenko's improved form is either down to his own hard work and attitude, or possibly Redknapp's man management. Who is to say Pavlyuchenko is not the kind of player to need a kick up the arse to get to play well? Same goes for Bentley, Bale and Lennon. At various times in their Spurs careers they have not been up to scratch so there has been talk of them leaving.

All that said I do not think Redknapp is a genius. It just goes to show what can be achieved with sensible tactics and good players.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Doesn't go against my grain at all - he is one of the best managers in the country, and I like to hear him talk - and he's English and has a good representatin of English players in his team. Deserves all the plaudits he gets now.

agree fully

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I always liked arry and I especially like it when he comes out with gems like this.

Spurs boss Redknapp: I told Pavlyuchenko to run about a bit

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp admits he said nothing special to matchwinner Roman Pavlyuchenko ahead of his last minute goal against Liverpool.

Redknapp brought Pavlyuchenko on at half-time and was rewarded with the winner - but refused to claim any of the credit for the Russian's crucial intervention.

"Roman has got an interpreter. I just said to him at half-time 'just run about'. That's the truth," he said.

"I can't claim to be tactically cleverer than that. That's all I said to him. To put himself about a bit. If he could. Please."

Spurs boss Redknapp: I told Pavlyuchenko to run about a bit | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here