Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It gets serious from here - the pack are closing

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Despite a well earned if disapointing point tonight - The pack are closing in - Saints, Hudds and Bournemouth are in the groove by the looks of it and with no cup commitments can really kick on. Oldham are also hitting top gear. Hold onto your seats guys here we go.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hate to spoil it for you but they've been closing since November.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Orient was always going to be tricky, I'm pleased we didn't lose and that we're still top of the league. Can't worry about other teams winning either, its ours to lose.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Games in hand are only good if you win them points in the bank are what counts come the final day and with any luck we will have more than anyone else.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Let's hope that we can stand the pace. It may be a sign of how far we have come but I won't pretend I'm not disappointed by tonight's result.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Meh two games in hand on 2nd & 3rd & Scummers in 4th six points behind who we will have a game in hand on come third weekend of Feb.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
it's still 4 points from 2 games against orient so as long as that record stays throughout the rest of the season we'll be ok!! i.e average 2 points per game should be plenty!

think positive people

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Win our home games - pick up a point away from ome - simples

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
it's still 4 points from 2 games against orient so as long as that record stays throughout the rest of the season we'll be ok!! i.e average 2 points per game should be plenty!

think positive people

I wasn't being negative just looking forward to it tightening up and every game having that special edge from here on in, The lads showing how they can outplay others under pressure should sharpen them up a bit. Can't wait till Saints and Hudders come to Withdean for the last two game sof the season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Charlton / Hudds / Peterboro / SCC - have ALL played more home games than away. In fact apart from Charlton they've all played 2 more home games. We've played even games - just thought this may have some bearing...

olliwarne

Aug 12, 2010
Germany
Charlton / Hudds / Peterboro / SCC - have ALL played more home games than away. In fact apart from Charlton they've all played 2 more home games. We've played even games - just thought this may have some bearing...

interesting...thanks.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Just a bit of perspective - we've won 6 of our 8 games this year including two against Championship opposition. We've drawn 1 and lost 1. Hardly time to panic. Carry on like that and the title is ours.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Its really simple. Defence is fine, midfield is fine...We are a striker short end of. With a real goalscorer we would have won by 3 on sat. We would have 5 or 6 more points on the board and we would have won tonight. Its that simple, Wood and Barnes have there moments but they are young and inexperenced and that is going to come into play. Im not overly worrried, because I think Gus knows this and I expect to see a loan come in till end of season soon.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thr crunch will come late in the season with our home games so it is in our hands to lose as we have still got Huddersfield, Sheff Wed and SCC to play at home . It could be that most of our last games will be home games with reaarranged fixtures plus they still have to play each other like Saturday at Peterborough.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A table that shows the current form, based on home and away points scored and a projected total with the remaining games.

Attachments

• PointsIII.JPG
    PointsIII.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 694

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Funnily enough the Orient fans I spoke to after the game said we were the best they've seen so far, doesn't say much for the Others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here