Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

issue getting into.ground.

Aug 9, 2011
I was buying a ticket on the night, and we ended up being 20 minutes late. We were quite late getting there, but for a good while we were just being told at the ticket office that there was no way we would be able to get a ticket that night! We were surrounded by a lot of Gillingham fans who were being told they couldn't get in either, having been told they would be able to before, who were understandably pissed off and kicked up a fuss, meaning they eventually let us in. I can't imagine they'll have been too happy as they had to sit in the home end, and the away end didn't look full at all...

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I added the gills game to my season ticket smart card weeks ago, got to the turnstile and access was denied, told to go the ticket office, massive queue of people waiting to collect tickets and I had to join that. Paper tickets were printed.

But my point is this, there must be some very thick people in the ticket office. They had divided the tickets for collection alphabetically, A to D, E to S, and T to Z, and they had one member of staff sat at each of these three boxes. Needless to say, the A to D and T to Z blokes were sat there twidling their thumbs doing nothing, while a huge queue persisted for the 14 letters of the alphabet in the middle box! Surely to god, someone could have looked at the size of the middle box sat on the table, and the size of the middle queue and realised that something just did not look quite right........

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Collected my tickets no hassle at all. Staff seemed geared up and helpful. Ticket wouldn't work at barrier in WSU - seemed to be an ongoing issue but staff were brilliant and opened the fire door for me so I didn't have to go under the barrier. Problem? No problem! Staff fantastic! :)

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011
Had an issue with the WSU barrier not accepting mine and my mates paper tickets also. However there was a gentleman at the barrier who swiped us through with his all purpose smart card and then he ripped off the barcodes from our tickets.

I presumed he took the barcodes in order to ensure a correct attendance count but if others were bring told to jump the barrier I guess the count would be inaccurate anyways.

Smith DID score

formerly Harvey's Best
Apr 25, 2009
Worthing
So was the whopping great queue outside the shop primarily people collecting tickets on the night? There seemed to be a lot of people coming into the family stand way after kick-off clutching match tickets, I assumed there may have been transport issues.

In practice it seems strange that the ticket collections are not in a separate area and that there is no dedicated away fan window in the south stand either. Anyone think they will be selling away tickets on the night for the visit of Leeds, Cardiff or Palace?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here