Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Israel now attacks...Yemen

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not quite so close to home as their other two targets.

More now from the IDF statement on the attack on Yemen.​
In a statement posted on X, the military says "in a large-scale air operation today, dozens of air force aircraft including fighter jets, refueling and intelligence planes... attacked military targets of the Houthi terrorist regime in the areas of Ras Issa and Hodeidah in Yemen.​
"The IDF attacked power plants and a sea port, which are used to import oil."​

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As said elsewhere, not quite sure how this helps free hostages in Gaza myself

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Sadly,....very sadly, I don't feel there has been any realistic hope they would have been released anyway.

These people are quite content to keep hostages for year after year after year.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It is part of Netanyahu’s recently stated plan to destroy the axis of resistance which includes the Houthis in Yemen and who have been causing mayhem in the Red Sea and started luzzing missiles into Israel. Declaring war on Iran backed proxies in the region, including the Houthis, is a bit of a mission creep from rescuing hostages and any proportionate response to 7/10 but one in which Netanyahu has claimed will help free hostages:

"We are determined to continue to strike at our enemies, return our residents to their homes, and return all our hostages," Netanyahu said. "We do not forget them for a moment."

Both Hezbollah and the Houthis say they will not cease their attacks until Israel agree to stop killing civilians in Gaza and recognise a two State solution. It’s a kind of catch 22.

The environmental damage and destruction to civilian life in Countries/territories already impoverished by regional and internal civil wars is really heartbreaking.

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
And then murder them when they are about to be rescued
Sadly.... I agree with you.

Those that are left in captivity, have virtually no hope whatsoever.

The price of just a small minority of them being released, would eventually lead to far more deaths in the future. A truly horrific situation for the hostages and their families to be in. It just doesn't bear thinking about .

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Nothing to do with the hostages (but you know that) this is a clear retaliation for the ballistic missiles that were fired from Yemen this week.

Then why is Netanyahu continually saying attacking Iran-backed proxies is about releasing the hostages - he’s been saying that since last October.

Why doesn’t he just be honest and admit his agenda is to destroy the axis of resistance and it’s never been about getting hostages alive out of Gaza?

Does he think the UN and the US are not on board with him invading Lebanon? I’d be willing to bet they aren’t on board with this either.

Maybe the Biden administration doesn’t want to get embroiled in a war with Iran but that’s exactly could happen unless Israel agrees a ceasefire in Gaza because these attacks and the killing of high ranking Houthi or Hezbollah leaders along with innocent civilians will only be tolerated for so long before the violence escalates even further and Hezbollah and Iran start unleashing their full missiles capabilities into Israel - the UK/US then obliged to come to her defence.

I don’t for one minute in any way condone any terrorism but Netanyahu is playing with fire around a tinderbox if his sole objective is to hang onto his own political power in Israel by setting himself up as the Saviour of the Jewish State.

Oddly Trump has been saying much the same thing about his own political credentials recently - only he can save America and Israel (perhaps you missed that.) .

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Then why is Netanyahu continually saying attacking Iran-backed proxies is about releasing the hostages - he’s been saying that since last October.

Why doesn’t he just be honest and admit his agenda is to destroy the axis of resistance and it’s never been about getting hostages alive out of Gaza?

Does he think the UN and the US are not on board with him invading Lebanon? I’d be willing to bet they aren’t on board with this either.

Maybe the Biden administration doesn’t want to get embroiled in a war with Iran but that’s exactly could happen unless Israel agrees a ceasefire in Gaza because these attacks and the killing of high ranking Houthi or Hezbollah leaders along with innocent civilians will only be tolerated for so long before the violence escalates even further and Hezbollah and Iran start unleashing their full missiles capabilities into Israel - the UK/US then obliged to come to her defence.

I don’t for one minute in any way condone any terrorism but Netanyahu is playing with fire around a tinderbox if his sole objective is to hang onto his own political power in Israel by setting himself up as the Saviour of the Jewish State.

Oddly Trump has been saying much the same thing about his own political credentials recently - only he can save America and Israel (perhaps you missed that.) .
Israel doesn't really need western support on an operational level... it does need logistical supplies of course, like any nation, but operationally Israel can deal with virtually all threats from it's neighbours and their terrorist proxies.... Iran wouldn't dare openly attack Israel, they would take a severe beating, you can bet that Israel has them in the cross hairs already, just in case.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It doesn’t. It’s always been about the Zionist dream of a greater Israel.

I really fear a global conflict could be on the horizon. It’s only a matter of time before the Arab/Muslim world says enough is enough, and attack Israel from all sides. We all know what comes next.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

I really fear a global conflict could be on the horizon. It’s only a matter of time before the Arab/Muslim world says enough is enough, and attack Israel from all sides. We all know what comes next.
They have already done that, in fact more than once.... and at a time when Israel's military was barely up to speed with modern technology and equipment..... the Arab world as you call it, would get a severe beating in the medium to long term.... some limited reverses in the short term no doubt, but it's an overall win for Israel for sure.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Massacre of all Shiites west and south of Israel. Support by neighbouring Sunni Monarchies for Israel. UAE, Saudi, Qatar..

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Israel doesn't really need western support on an operational level... it does need logistical supplies of course, like any nation, but operationally Israel can deal with virtually all threats from it's neighbours and their terrorist proxies.... Iran wouldn't dare openly attack Israel, they would take a severe beating, you can bet that Israel has them in the cross hairs already, just in case.

Clearly Israel can’t deal with all significant threats otherwise 7/10 would never have happened (despite the threat being known) , Hezbollah wouldn’t have enforced evacuation of thousands of Israeli’s from the Israel/Lebanese border, and the new hypersonic missiles fired from the Houthi’s in Yemen would not be penetrating Israel’s very sophisticated anti-missile defences.

Agree that Iran couldn’t hope to win an all out war against Israel, not while the West is arming her but Iran has already openly attacked Israel - or perhaps you have forgotten that? Suggesting that the red line has been crossed for them.

Also any war between Israel and Iran would not be limited to Israel and Iran but would involve the US, to what extent depending on who was the next President - with probably Turkey, Egypt, Russia and China being actively against any war on Iran.

It’s a complicated mess with nothing happing in isolation in the ME or Yemen.

However you look at it, it’s another major escalation on top of the attacks against Hezbollah in Lebanon.

A rogue terrorist state who think they can kill hundreds and thousands of non combatants at will - and they’ll keep doing that because they know they have the 100% support of the biggest military bully on the planet, the Pentagon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here