Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is violence ever the answer?

Here's one for you. My sister went out with a twat for a couple of years. He was an annoying little prick and pissed me off on several occasions making inappropiate personal remarks and comments but I let every one go for the sake of my sister and pretended to get on with the prick. When she dumped him awhile ago he gave her a few farewell slaps. When I discovered this (she was bruised) I went mental and wanted to go and pay my respects but both my sister and wife wouldn't let me. I eventually calmed down, gave in and did nothing.
I have just discovered that he is back on the scene. Now of course my sis would go nuts if I chinned him, but doing so would not only be payback, it would make him think twice next time. I am very tempted to do this when I see him and he attempts to shake my hand. Would this be wrong? If so, what should I do instead?

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
If he has slapped her i don't think i could resist giving him a little lesson!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
You need to give your sister a thoroughly good telling off. This prat will not change and demand that she have more self respect for herself.

I would be tempted to lamp the bastard if someone hit my sister, but if it is going to cause friction with your wife and sister then it is not worth it.

Show her that she is worth 10,000 of him and that she must see that.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Such a toughy. I would seriously want to tell him to get f***ed and lay one on him but that could just get you in more shit. Try to find a way to get rid and f*** him over at the same time.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Any of my family get hurt physically then i personally would seek revenge.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
I think the approach is probably to have a quiet word with him along the lines of what will happen if he ever raises a hand to your sister again.

This would be my way out too.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Difficult one though, irredeemable tosser though this individual is, BoF is right - talk to your sister, tell her how you feel about this. Because if there's a rift between you and her as a result, she might not be as protected from this lowlife as it sounds like she might need to be. Christ, what a wanker.

BTW, apropos nothing at all to do with this, what does the Finnish word "jaata" mean, with umlauts on every "a"? Is it "ice"?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The guy will never change you need to get your sister out of the situation and if it means a slapping (not something I would normally advocate) it has to happen.

In 6 months time this will be a domestic violence issue something that happened next door to us a few years back and it was not much fun to live next to.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Your sister needs to get a grip. A bloke who hits her is the last thing she needs. There are plenty of decent honest blokes out there.

This bloke needs to be prosecuted. Hitting him is something he understands.

And don't shake his hand - you kept quiet last time for the sake of your sister - giving him the benefit of the doubt. This time there is no doubt.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I've being mulling this for a few days now and just can't find the best way to handle it. I desperately want to lay him out but I know this just drags me down to his level. It will also piss off my wife, sister and have possible legal consequences. Not to mention setting a bad example to my sisters kids. But as has been mentioned, he is the lowest of the low and is surely deserving of more than just a quiet word? It seems like he is getting away with it.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Uncle Buck said:
I think the approach is probably to have a quiet word with him along the lines of what will happen if he ever raises a hand to your sister again.

With any luck he will then take a swing at you, so you can lay in and yet he started it.

wise words

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Speak to the Police. The law on domestic violence has changed recently - they do not need the victim's permission to prosecute. You need to be up to speed on the legal options available to you.

Man of Harveys said:

BTW, apropos nothing at all to do with this, what does the Finnish word "jaata" mean, with umlauts on every "a"? Is it "ice"?

Yes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here