Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is tomorrows game on?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
stockport

WHat chances of a game tomorrow? Anyone know what the weather is like there?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Looks like mild weather on the way, I cant see it being off

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
It's a beautiful sunny day here. There is a light dusting of snow that's melting fast. In general we don't get a lot of snow here - just a lot of rain.

If the rugby goes ahead at Edgeley tonight, there'll be no problem tomorrow (apart from a crap pitch of course)

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
I understand that Stockport called off a game this week......Does anyone know if they are thinking about calling tomorrows game off??

I hope not, i am all ready for an away day, a good laugh and 3 points. :(

Mole, the weather may be ok but the pitch is turning into a quagmire. Mozzer has just posted to the list that he has been told by someone at the club that IF Sharks play tonight then the game is very possibly off tomorrow. Apparently the pitch is a complete f***ing mess :nono:

I fail to see how anyone thought that you could play a game of egg chasing and a game of footy in February within 24 hours of each other.

Trying to get more info for you now.

Sodddin egg chasers :(

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
The weather looks good, the Met Office predict very little chance of rain and temps of 5-6.

Still its at times like these when we need the WeatherCrab !!:lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
they need to start banning clubs playing rugby & football on the same pitch. Ruins the game for footballers/fans, rugby lot dont care what the pitch is like! :angry:

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
thick snow & freezing here in Oldham and more falling on the hills still. It's usually warmer & melts quicker down in MAnchester & Stockport. I'm sure the only problem will be from the rugby league lads carving great divots out of the pitch

Comment from someone at the club (and they're union not league og:) ) .

"He was looking at the pitch when I spoke to him.

He isn't sure , the pitch is playable but will cut up very badly ,
with the Sharks playing so late tonight and Brighton having to set
off so early there will be no time to work on the pitch,

I reckon they can't make a decision until first thing in the morning
though."

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
if they call this game off because of a fcuking rugby match i will go potty - what fcuking clown of a club shares their ground with another sport??? Let alone plays a fcking rugby match the night before a game - fcking crazy :angry:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Trotster said:
if they call this game off because of a fcuking rugby match i will go potty - what fcuking clown of a club shares their ground with another sport??? Let alone plays a fcking rugby match the night before a game - fcking crazy :angry:

Language!! :blush:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Trotster said:

What clown of a club? Well you can add Halifax to the list. A few seasons ago on a really wet April Friday evening they staged a Rugby League game on the Friday night before they were due to play us on the Saturday. With cheap train tickets already bought we got as far as Peterboro before the inevitable happened and it was called off, condemming me to a rather elongated and liquid lunch with the Fatty Tax Man.

It really shouldn't be allowed should it? The Friday Rugby I mean, not long liquid lunches.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Guinness Boy said:
What clown of a club? Well you can add Halifax to the list.

Huddersfield Town/Huddersfield Giants

Leeds United/ Hunslet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here