Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is this season a write off !

SEAGULLS OVER LA

Jul 5, 2003
kilmarnock
this must go down as a very bad season for the albion.it seems like a long pre season break now. just hope that next season can make up for this season of no promise.the falmer thing is not helping at this time. the sooner it is storted out the better.if it turns out to be a big no. i dread to think what will happen to this club. as dick knight has said on radio five live there is no back up plan.it is falmer or nothing.this is worst than losing the goldstone
back in 1997.when we got promotion to the old frist division back
in 1979.mr mike bamber said then that the albion would need a new home.so 25 years later we are still waiting.will sussex ever get to see this happen?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Yes it is, although obviously we do still have a chance of winning the play offs.

I think that this season should be used as a learning curve, and the youngsters should be given a chance to prove whether they are good enough, and be given valuable experience.

I'm so pessimistic now!!

Turgid

Dec 5, 2003
Wadhurst
Agree with Thimble - Falmer is everything. This season has for me been a disappointment so far - a real mixed bag. Yes, we may get into the play offs and yes we could go up on the back of them - but this will all count for nothing if we don't get Falmer.

If Prescott says yes and we remain in the 2nd for next season we have a wonderful excuse to push on, get back into the 1st and hold our place until Falmer is built. I think it is essential that we are in the 1st when Falmer opens its gates - will provide a real focus for the community - and will attract reasonable crowds.

Until Prescott says yes football will have to remain a bit player in the overall scheme of things.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
As Lord Bracknell said, when you get so involved in a campaign things that happen on the pitch don't really matter as much.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
If it was as bad as grimsby's or stockport's or even chesterfield then that would be bad. As it happens we are having a mediocre season but are still in touch with the play offs despite being broke and all the off field stuff re falmer.

Most of us would have accepted that four of five years ago, and I certainly remember most of us were dreaming of just doing this after we won division three.It's not that bad really, is it? MM just needs to build his own team and the off field distractions need to be sorted.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Falmer is the only thing I really care about at present - football will be back.

Keep your eyes on the bigger picture

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He loves me really, he just gets confused

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

If this season ends up as the year that Adam Virgo, Adam El-Abd and Jake Robinson learned their trade and established themselves as potential fixtures in a great Albion side of the future, it will have been worthwhile.

If it ends up in Cardiff, it will be the year that we were truly amazed. I haven't given up on that. What I'm not looking forward to is the outbreak of near suicidal depression that will fall over Albion fans if we do get promoted and start contemplating next season in Division One.

???

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
So what will happen if we dont get Falmer?

What excuse will we get from everyone then about the way we are currently playing,we havent won away since November,and that has nothing to do with Falmer has it?

We have to open our eyes and accept that we may not get the ground we so richly deserve,Im not against DK or anybody involved with this Club,but what do we have as an alternative to Falmer if it is turned down?

It seems everyone is concentrating on the Falmer issue whilst we throw precious points away at teams we would have hammered Pre- Mcghee.
Grimsby havent won a game in Ten starts and within 4 minutes we are 1-0 down,and by the sounds of it never looked like getting back in front.

We need to start looking at the Managerial side before its to late,as our form at the moment is Relegation stuff,remember
Barnet?They were in the play offs at the New Year and Relegated at the end of the season!!

I want to watch the Albion at Falmer in the First Division,but at this rate we may not get either of these:nono:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Charlies Shinpad said:
So what will happen if we dont get Falmer?

What excuse will we get from everyone then about the way we are currently playing,we havent won away since November,and that has nothing to do with Falmer has it?

We have to open our eyes and accept that we may not get the ground we so richly deserve,Im not against DK or anybody involved with this Club,but what do we have as an alternative to Falmer if it is turned down?

It seems everyone is concentrating on the Falmer issue whilst we throw precious points away at teams we would have hammered Pre- Mcghee.
Grimsby havent won a game in Ten starts and within 4 minutes we are 1-0 down,and by the sounds of it never looked like getting back in front.

We need to start looking at the Managerial side before its to late,as our form at the moment is Relegation stuff,remember
Barnet?They were in the play offs at the New Year and Relegated at the end of the season!!

I want to watch the Albion at Falmer in the First Division,but at this rate we may not get either of these:nono:

Dick Tight says there is no plan B so if Falmer is declined then that means he must resign :clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
Dick Tight says there is no plan B so if Falmer is declined then that means he must resign :clap2:

He won't need to resign as Falmer will be built. Take those blinkers off Ernest - remember you support the cause now

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Charlies Shinpad said:

with the injuries we have??

For goodness sake we are playing with a non league keeper, the defence are trying to protect him. Our best midfielders are injured

STOP BLAMING MCGHEE

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Yorkie said:
with the injuries we have??

For goodness sake we are playing with a non league keeper, the defence are trying to protect him. Our best midfielders are injured

STOP BLAMING MCGHEE

Simon Rodger and Dean Blackwell were both injured when SC was in charge,and he seemed to manage very well?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here