Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this response normal?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I was queueing for a coffee in a local shop. Beside me a young mum was getting food and drinks for herself and her lad who was about 5/6 years old. The lad was playing up and it was obvious that the mum although telling him to stop repeatedly had absolutely no control over him.

First he knocked into me, then he attempted to climbed up on the counter. Finally as he passed along the counter he picked up every food item for sale, played with it and put it back on display. I wanted to comment to the mum about keeping her brat in order, but bit my tongue instead.

I got my coffee and was heading for a seat when the brat charged round to get a drinking straw bashed into my cup of coffee and poured about 25% of it over his neck and shoulders. Everyone was rushing around to help him with wipes, and even a cold ice pack.

I said absolutely nothing, but as I sipped the rest of the coffee I couldn't help but smile to myself and think "serves you right you little git".

Am I a bad person?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Not at all. A mother took her kids on the train and sat them opposite me. One of the kids proceeded to repeatedly kick me in the shin from Southampton to Brighton. Was tempted to kick them back by the end.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I was queueing for a coffee in a local shop. Beside me a young mum was getting food and drinks for herself and her lad who was about 5/6 years old. The lad was playing up and it was obvious that the mum although telling him to stop repeatedly had absolutely no control over him.

First he knocked into me, then he attempted to climbed up on the counter. Finally as he passed along the counter he picked up every food item for sale, played with it and put it back on display. I wanted to comment to the mum about keeping her brat in order, but bit my tongue instead.

I got my coffee and was heading for a seat when the brat charged round to get a drinking straw bashed into my cup of coffee and poured about 25% of it over his neck and shoulders. Everyone was rushing around to help him with wipes, and even a cold ice pack.

I said absolutely nothing, but as I sipped the rest of the coffee I couldn't help but smile to myself and think "serves you right you little git".

Am I a bad person?
I think you were remarkably restrained !

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
not at all, if that was one of my kids i would have said the same,

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You should have thrown the other 75% over the mother (accidently of course), then told her to buy you another.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Nope, but i bet most people thought it was your fault

I did act with uncharacteristic calm. The counter staff saw what happened so I handed the spilt coffee back and told them they had better give me another (for free).

Nobody offerred me an ice pack for my 'scalded' hand.:guns:

The mother will SUE you for failing to bring the child to order. It is YOUR fault that he was mutilated by having BOILING coffee poured all over him. His career as a male model is RUINED.

I reckon an out-of-court settlement of about half a million quid is the best you can hope for.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...I was more worried a couple of years ago when a small boy, sat in the child seat on a supermarket trolley, pointed at me and loudly shouted "daddy!!!"...his mother (presumably) explained that he did that to lots of men...I didn't bother to ask if she knew who his father was as he plainly hadn't a clue!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You are a very bad person. You watched the kid put his grubby hands on display food and didn't demand they change it?

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I was in the supermarket once and there was one of the local chav kids running round causing havoc. He then ran up to me and bit my arm drawing blood just as his mum came round the corner looking for him. I saw the blood on my arm and on his mouth and turned and said "oh my god, he should not have done that", she just said "he is only a kid" not a sorry or anything. I then said " you had better get him checked out, im HIV positive". Her face went white and she was telling him to keep spitting. I left them to it and walked out the shop laughing. That should stop the little twat doing it again*

*(c) Sickipedia.com 2009

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here