Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this REALLY something the police need to get involved in ?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Of course the police need to be involved, and also MI5, MI6, CIA, social services, the CPS, the probation service, equality commission, VOSA, Highways Agency, DEFRA, SEEDA and as many unconnected agencies as possible.

All about as relevant to the issue as the state being involved whether I choose to smoke in my car or not.:annoyed:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The police have got involved because the woman has made a complaint to them. What's the big deal?

Whether it's a police matter as opposed to an internal disciplinary issue is another debate, but the police are obliged to look into it if someone reports an offence so realistically they have no choice. It's all about the Victim Charter, don't you know.

In reality, all they've done is give the guy a first course of conduct harassment warning, which means not a lot really, only that if he did anything else that might cause her
harassment alarm or distress in the foreseeable future, he could be nicked for it. He's not even been arrested, so it's much ado about nothing IMHO.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
The police have got involved because the woman has made a complaint to them. What's the big deal?

Whether it's a police matter as opposed to an internal disciplinary issue is another debate, but the police are obliged to look into it if someone reports an offence so realistically they have no choice. It's all about the Victim Charter, don't you know.

In reality, all they've done is give the guy a first course of conduct harassment warning, which means not a lot really, only that if he did anything else that might cause her
harassment alarm or distress in the foreseeable future, he could be nicked for it. He's not even been arrested, so it's much ado about nothing IMHO.

Why don't they get involved in criminal damage/burglary/anti-social behaviour et al as a matter of routine then?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Of course the police need to be involved, and also MI5, MI6, CIA, social services, the CPS, the probation service, equality commission, VOSA, Highways Agency, DEFRA, SEEDA and as many unconnected agencies as possible.

All about as relevant to the issue as the state being involved whether I choose to smoke in my car or not.:annoyed:

I don't know if you have kids but if you do and they asked you not to smoke in front of them, including in the car, would you respect their wishes?

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
. He's not even been arrested, so it's much ado about nothing IMHO.

No it's an important chance for people to froth at the mouth, and sound off about something that doesn't really affect them.

Anyway headline should be

"Woman overeacts to nerdy perv, police pretend to be interested"

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I don't know if you have kids but if you do and they asked you not to smoke in front of them, including in the car, would you respect their wishes?

I wouldn't need to respect their wishes as I would not smoke in the car if they were in there anyway.

As for smoking in front of them outside of the car or outdoors? I will continue to do so.

One thing all people, adult or child, should respect is other people's freedom of choice.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Why don't they get involved in criminal damage/burglary/anti-social behaviour et al as a matter of routine then?

Because they are wasting their time on things that they shouldn't be involved in,for whatever reason.....Govenment direction,targets,skiving,can't be naffed,taking easy options,political correctness,grannies doing 32mph in 30 limit....take your pick!!:nono:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No it's an important chance for people to froth at the mouth, and sound off about something that doesn't really affect them.

Anyway headline should be

"Woman overeacts to nerdy perv, police pretend to be interested"

But the biggest argument against these scanners is invasion of privacy. The government have vowed this won't be an issue, and so soon after it has come into use, there's invasion of someone's privacy.

If this guy is willing to take pictures of a colleague, what will stop him taking pictures of you or me, your wife, daughter, mother sister, etc.

I'm not exactly frothing at the mouth, but I can definitely understand why it has to be dealt with, and should be dealt with, severely. A slap on the wrist, his boss chortling at the humour of the situation while trying to tell him not to do it again, isn't going to send a strong message that this behaviour is unacceptable. It certainly won't satisfy the naysayers who don't want strangers ogling their images.

Not treating this incident seriously isn't really an option if the government want the full body scanners to continue getting enough support.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I wouldn't need to respect their wishes as I would not smoke in the car if they were in there anyway.

As for smoking in front of them outside of the car or outdoors? I will continue to do so.

One thing all people, adult or child, should respect is other people's freedom of choice.

Wouldn't argue with that.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Oh the police should get involved. Give em something to do. The police in this town are at best useless. I saw one of those toy consumer service warden tour guide police litter picker people steaming up my road yesterday. It was the guy that was on Brighton Beach Patrol. The lanky drink of piss that bumbled about the streets with that fat little dump woman thing. Like R2 and C3PO they strolled about and played practical jokes to do with budgies on the beach patrol people? Memeber them? Well he came steaming up the road, loooking left and right as he went, got to the corner, looked in all directions, focused on something on the ground, picked it up, a chewing gum wrapper. He looked like he had his scent. He quite literally sniffed the air, refocused and briskly strolled in another direction. He had his quarry. What a f***ing tool.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Oh the police should get involved. Give em something to do. The police in this town are at best useless. I saw one of those toy consumer service warden tour guide police litter picker people steaming up my road yesterday. It was the guy that was on Brighton Beach Patrol. The lanky drink of piss that bumbled about the streets with that fat little dump woman thing. Like R2 and C3PO they strolled about and played practical jokes to do with budgies on the beach patrol people? Memeber them? Well he came steaming up the road, loooking left and right as he went, got to the corner, looked in all directions, focused on something on the ground, picked it up, a chewing gum wrapper. He looked like he had his scent. He quite literally sniffed the air, refocused and briskly strolled in another direction. He had his quarry. What a f***ing tool.
:lolol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

and if they are too young to understand the smoker should be convicted for child abuse pure and simple

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here