Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this article a joke?

Bennett told not to fret on his Albion future From The Argus)

For those of you that can't be arsed to read it, it basically says that Elliot Bennett, are best player in my opinion, has been told not to worry about his Albion future because of the arrival of the unquestionable talent of SEB CAROLE:shootself

Id be worrying about keeping him this transfer window if anything:shrug:

Im really worried now, Im sure Bennett is on his way out... no source just a gut feeling

I think he will stay because of the fact this is the first permanent club that has started him regularly. He seems keen, always looks to impress and is constantly willing to give his view on various websites.

There will inevitably be speculation however this article isn't exactly going to help. There is absolutely no comparison between Carole and Bennett. Carole is on a week to week contract and to even suggest that Bennett's position is under threat is in a way thwarting the success he has so far acheived with us.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
space filler. of course Bennett isnt under threat, but it cant hurt to have a bit of attacking cover there. i dont think there will be any speculation about him staying, its clear he's in Poyets plans for the future, being a versatile and quality player. Carole on the other hand, is quite average for this level, a usfull impact player and full of a quite a bit of running, place for that in the squad.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I want to know where The Argus got their quotes from for that, as I don't think it cites it?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Funnily enough I was just about to post a thread on exactly the same subject.

What a completely stupid NON story.

There would be a RIOT if Bennett was dropped after having been one of our best players of the season so far.

Why would his place be under threat from a player we all know isn't as good as him and couldn't even persuade the manager to give him anything more than a weekly rolling contract?

I'd argue that along with Murray, Bennett is one of the few players in our squad who would command a fee if we were ever to sell him (which we hopefully won't do for some time yet) and if we are to stand a chance of playing better football and improving our league position so as to ensure safety he will be an INTEGRAL part of that.

The Argus seems to be getting worse and worse every week. I can't believe they have any sub-editors or proof readers anymore considering the regularity of mistakes in their copy and their stories seem to get more and more irrelevant with every passing week. I'd say the club's website is a better written source of Albion stories these days. In fact even NSC can boast better written club updates a lot of the time.

I don't like to see local papers go up the spout but the way the Argus is going it can only be a matter of time, surely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here