Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there ANY sympathy for Scotland?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Seriously now, that's a lot of major tournaments missed, a lot of qualifiers played for nichts, rien, nada...

At first I thought it was hilarious, the whole 'Scots fans are the best' rubbish was getting very tedious, as was the one-sided hatred. Enough was enough, it was high time to see them fail miserably.

However, time is a great healer, and I'm almost ready for them to step up to the plate again and rejoin the party. But can they? Will they ever again?

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Seriously now, that's a lot of major tournaments missed, a lot of qualifiers played for nichts, rien, nada...

At first I thought it was hilarious, the whole 'Scots fans are the best' rubbish was getting very tedious, as was the one-sided hatred. Enough was enough, it was high time to see them fail miserably.

However, time is a great healer, and I'm almost ready for them to step up to the plate again and rejoin the party. But can they? Will they ever again?

Nope fcuking hate the sweaties.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Put it this way - who would you rather have watched (and had the chance of meeting) next year in the Euros ? Czech Republic ? Romania ? Montenegro ?

Or Scotland ?

No brainer. I'm no sweatie-cuddler. But it would've been FAR more fun having them there next summer than some grim eastern-european no-marks, and a meeting with England would have been an EPIC prospect. For that reason I'd love them to have had a shot at the playoffs (even though we know they'd have bollocksed it up anyway).

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Put it this way - who would you rather have watched (and had the chance of meeting) next year in the Euros ? Czech Republic ? Romania ? Montenegro ?

Or Scotland ?

No brainer. I'm no sweatie-cuddler. But it would've been FAR more fun having them there next summer than some grim eastern-european no-marks, and a meeting with England would have been an EPIC prospect. For that reason I'd love them to have had a shot at the playoffs (even though we know they'd have bollocksed it up anyway).

The way they`ve recently played they would beat us at the moment,as much as it pains me to admit it we are currently shit, with our defence being realy shit

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yes. I like to see the home nations do well. They always fall a little short, agonisingly short in some instances. Not bad for a country with a dire league system and much smaller population than many of the nations that try and fail to qualify.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The way they`ve recently played they would beat us at the moment,as much as it pains me to admit it we are currently shit, with our defence being realy shit

I'm not saying it'd be a cakewalk, but England would emerge victorious. Its the law.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

That is the biggest pile of crap I've seen on here for ages!

We are a different class to Scotland.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not bad for a country with a dire league system and much smaller population than many of the nations that try and fail to qualify.

Well their best player tonight was born in Watford, so its not like they're totally limited to Glasgee and the Highlands.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not saying it'd be a cakewalk, but England would emerge victorious. Its the law.
That is the biggest pile of crap I've seen on here for ages!

We are a different class to Scotland.
I assumed he was talking about Brighton, not England :lol: You're on something if you think they're better than England, no matter how bad England are playing.

I would have liked them to qualify, particularly with CMS playing, but no, I don't feel any sympathy. They're just not good enough and need to improve.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
For a small nation with an uncompetitive league, Scotland have done pretty well - they've qualified for eight out of 19 World Cups, that's a better record than Poland and Bulgaria have got. I can't be arsed to work it out but if we were to do a league of international wins by population size, I wouldn't mind betting that Scotland would be in the top 10 in Europe.

Their real sadness is that they didn't do well in the 60s, 70s or 80s. When you look at the players they had - Baxter, Law, Greig, Johnstone, Dalglish, Gemmill, Souness, Hansen etc they could, and should, have done better. The present side is nowhere near as good but they gave it a decent go.

Remember, the Czechs got a draw in Scotland thanks to some dodgy refereeing decisions, if Scotland had won that, it would have been a lot closer.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The Scots really don't have many decent players. A lot fewer of their players come into the English League since we have in influx of other nationals. Only a handful are playing the the Prem. Anyway, would the Jocks not mock us if we hadn't qualified ? How many people can remember the way they carried on in 1978 ? At least we got the last laugh after their lamentable performances in in Argentina.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
A few years ago, I would have said it was a shame they hadn't made it, and that I always the home nations to do well.

But now having since lived there for 4 years, I am ****ing delighted they missed out. Scots have such a whiney pathetic chip-on-the-shoulder addiction to 'hating the English', they can **** off as far as I'm concerned. Every single ****ing Scot goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about "You English think you're amazing because you won in 1966."

I have never ever mentioned 1966 once in my life. I have never ever met anyone else who has. Yet according to the Scots, we spend approximately 84% of our waking lives talking about it, somehow just about managing to squeeze in a normal birth-love-work-marriage-kids-death life around the edges.

The irony that the average Scot seems to be several million times more obsessed with 1966 than the average English person is totally lost on them.

Twats.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
For a small nation with an uncompetitive league, Scotland have done pretty well - they've qualified for eight out of 19 World Cups, that's a better record than Poland and Bulgaria have got. I can't be arsed to work it out but if we were to do a league of international wins by population size, I wouldn't mind betting that Scotland would be in the top 10 in Europe.

Their real sadness is that they didn't do well in the 60s, 70s or 80s. When you look at the players they had - Baxter, Law, Greig, Johnstone, Dalglish, Gemmill, Souness, Hansen etc they could, and should, have done better. The present side is nowhere near as good but they gave it a decent go.

Remember, the Czechs got a draw in Scotland thanks to some dodgy refereeing decisions, if Scotland had won that, it would have been a lot closer.

A decent go? Get to f***. Quote from a Scotch fan.... "So far in this qualifying series we've won three games. Two of the wins were by one goal against a village team, and the other was by the same margin against possibly the worst Baltic side ever."

Sums it up nicely. They're shite.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I find it funny, they mock us every chance they get but it's not us who's missing out on major tournaments year after year.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
None whatsoever.

If I had a spain shirt I'd be wearing it to work today (just like the sweaty prick who wore a Portugal shirt after we lost to them in 2006). I don't have a Scotland shirt tho, so gone for a Sombrero instead.

"Irn Bru, Lulu, Rab C Nesbitt, Battered Mars Bars, Carol Smiley, Lorraine Kelly, Men in Skirts............Your boys took one hell of a beating"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here