Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there any place in the world that compares to London..........

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
...... when you count how many professional football teams there are in town?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
The North West is not that different really and it's easier to get from one stadium to another if going by car!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
14 clubs in top 4 divisions,... no club more than 15 miles from any of the others.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its funny, I often think its funny how some American cities have two baseball teams (Mets and Yankees, Angels and Gaints for example) or Amerian football (Giants and Jets for example) but London has 9 (depending on what boundries you use) of which 5 are in the highest division as well as the National Stadium

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Buenos Aires.

Beat me to it. It is ludicrous how many teams there are in that city. If you count the state too it gets completely out of control. 15 teams in the top division, I think it is.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Beat me to it. It is ludicrous how many teams there are in that city. If you count the state too it gets completely out of control.

24 I think. Completely blows London out the water.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
24 I think. Completely blows London out the water.

Is that top 2 divisions? Not that it is going to make any difference next season if the crazy new league system comes into effect.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
24,... thats huge, I didnt know that.......... learn something new................

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Is that top 2 divisions? Not that it is going to make any difference next season if the crazy new league system comes into effect.

I'm not sure, but I know there are 24 professional clubs in the city.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here