Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there any justification, in losing @ a sport to my g/f.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
After routinely & soundly thrashing my girlfriend......................, at badminton.
A sport I've played for years, & play well, she suggested we play racketball.
Prior to last week I'd never played the game, &, have only played squash once before, so I wasn't expecting to do well, I lost.
We played again last night & once again I was beaten, although there was some improvement.
This hasn't stopped her walking around the house with her thumb & 1st finger pressed to her forehead, calling me a loser. (I don't know where she got that from!!).

So how long have I got before my 'I've never played before', excuses just make me sound like a whinny little girl.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
About twenty minutes ago. You have a duty to get the PS plugged in and kick her arse around with a man's game - like football.

Come back when you are back in charge of your own house.

Pooftah.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
She wants to wind you up - she's succeeded

Don't react and tell her how graciously you have accepted defeat.

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Starting next week. u have had the chance to learn the game now. Are u getting completly thrashed or are putting up some sort of fight?

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
I hadn't played badminton before until facing my girlfriend last week.

I've got a stomach injury and she beat me 4-0. She's slight and nimble and I'm big and slow.

She played as if her life depended on it but thoroughly deserved to win. We're doing table tennis next...

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Soul Finger said:
I hadn't played badminton before until facing my girlfriend last week.

I've got a stomach injury and she beat me 4-0. She's slight and nimble and I'm big and slow.

She played as if her life depended on it but thoroughly deserved to win. We're doing table tennis next...

Doh - well chose a game which suits you and not her. And less of the excuses. Unless the stomach injury is a protruding intestine, then you have to face the fact that you lost to a GIRL! And she will remember this for decades.....

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
My ex beat me at Karate... well not exactly beat me, but she knew some decent moves. It was all good when I pretended to be injured.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
This is turning into a thread of wimps! "Pretending to be injured" - you got your butt kicked by a GIRL! No matter how many smart moves she knew, you should have been better - fight dirty - tell her that her arse looks big in a Gi - enough to distract her while you take advantage!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
DAMANCLAY said:
Starting next week. u have had the chance to learn the game now. Are u getting completly thrashed or are putting up some sort of fight?

There were signs last night of making her work for the win.
I squandered a couple of big leads, &, made her work for some crucial points, but just didn't have enough to win a set.

As with S/F, judging by some of her facial expressions, she wanted it a lot more than me.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Stst Brother said:
After routinely & soundly thrashing my girlfriend......................, at badminton.
A sport I've played for years, & play well, she suggested we play racketball.
Prior to last week I'd never played the game, &, have only played squash once before, so I wasn't expecting to do well, I lost.
We played again last night & once again I was beaten, although there was some improvement.
This hasn't stopped her walking around the house with her thumb & 1st finger pressed to her forehead, calling me a loser. (I don't know where she got that from!!).

So how long have I got before my 'I've never played before', excuses just make me sound like a whinny little girl.

However long it takes, i hope you crush her. You've allowed her a glimmer of self-esteem. That must be taken back as swiftly as possible.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
What you don't tell us is whether you have been humble in victory during your regular thrashings (thus far) in badminton. If you are the sort of player who says things like "that was another easy victory" or "come back when you have learnt how to play the game" then fair play to your girlfriend, she deserves to bask in her glory, take it like a man. If on the other hand you are a perfect sport who is humble in victory and gracious in defeat then perhaps it is time to start looking elsewhere for your female company.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
HampshireSeagulls said:
Doh - well chose a game which suits you and not her. And less of the excuses. Unless the stomach injury is a protruding intestine, then you have to face the fact that you lost to a GIRL! And she will remember this for decades.....

:D

It's not quite an intruding intestine but it hinders my ability to stretch.

She was so red I thought she'd collapse. I made out that I hadn't tried that hard and was fine in defeat. I was absolutely bloody livid!

It was great seeing her bouncing around getting all sweaty though!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gully said:
What you don't tell us is whether you have been humble in victory during your regular thrashings (thus far) in badminton. If you are the sort of player who says things like "that was another easy victory" or "come back when you have learnt how to play the game" then fair play to your girlfriend, she deserves to bask in her glory, take it like a man. If on the other hand you are a perfect sport who is humble in victory and gracious in defeat then perhaps it is time to start looking elsewhere for your female company.

Ah, this is where I might lose some credibility.
My g/f is very competative, refusing to give up on any shot.
While playing badminton, I 'control the t' sending her to all 4 corners of the court, not moving myself, or chasing down anything too far away, cos...well... I don't have too.
My enjoyment comes from occasionally aiming a hard smash @ her, when she's nice & tired & unable to get out of the way.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Stst, in that case you are an evil man who deserves punishment...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Chappers had this spot on in the first reply.

Five across the eyes. Its the only language they understand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here