Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Is there a fire drill?" chant

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Was this sung by the Albion at those leaving early, or was it a West Ham chant?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah. I know people are worried about the trains, the traffic, being first in the queue for the P&R bus, being first in the queue for an after-match pint, getting the kids home 'cos it's a school night, etc etc etc - but it still gives the overall impression that a large percentage of Brighton fans are a load of quitters who give up on the team. I'm sure it didn't look good on TV.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Yeah. I know people are worried about the trains, the traffic, being first in the queue for the P&R bus, being first in the queue for an after-match pint, getting the kids home 'cos it's a school night, etc etc etc - but it still gives the overall impression that a large percentage of Brighton fans are a load of quitters who give up on the team. I'm sure it didn't look good on TV.

Picked up by Sky cameras and commented on by Don Goodman.

You're right - it didn't look good. In fact, it looked embarrassing.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Picked up by Sky cameras and commented on by Don Goodman.

You're right - it didn't look good. In fact, it looked embarrassing.

In all fairness, I think reading many other post's on this subject and taking into account that NSC does represent a section of the overall support, it is becoming evident that many are going early because of transport issues and work the following morning, which in my opinion is very acceptable.

I am and have read quite a few horror stories regarding how long it's taking some to get home, and in all honesty I am glad I can't make night games, I do hope these transport issues get sorted, I'm sure they will, we are still in the early stages of our new home and not all issues are possible to solve immediatly.

No excuse regarding the kids going to school - it's half term.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I've just seen that other thread. A lot of angry people on there violently and vehemently defending the reasons why they leave early. I totally accept that people can leave when they damn well please, but I guess all the anger being directed at those (such as Hustpierpoint) who complain is because they know they've contributed to the sorry 'fire drill' spectacle.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Can't blame anyone for leaving early especially when the weather was as bad as it was last night. We left just before the final whistle and it took us a good 45 minutes to get back to Lewes. When you are queuing in the pissing rain it really wasn't pleasant. The weather is only going to get worse so I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving with 10 minutes to go or not bothering at all with evening games.

I suppose one good think about our slip down the table is we won't be such an attractive proposition to Sky.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It is sung at just about every single stadium in the country, more evident when the home side is losing with a few minutes to go, get over it, it happens everywhere, it isn't going to stop, don't let it upset you.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is sung at just about every single stadium in the country, more evident when the home side is losing with a few minutes to go, get over it, it happens everywhere, it isn't going to stop, don't let it upset you.

This. There a lot of cry babies on Nsc at the moment who find so much to do with our club 'embarrassing'. Get over yourselves.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8

I'm sure a similar amount would leave early if we were winning a game too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here