Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there a finer hip hop track than this?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
f*** me, those nips know how to make a record. It's 20 years old, this track. f***ing sublime.

[yt]K4iqqZZPAqY[/yt]

And yes....it's hip hop. Proper hip hop, not some poxy bling merchant boasting about the hoes, bee-atches and slippers.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
It does rather stink of Fatboy Slim but yes it's a sound tune

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Fair comment but it suits my mood.

And this was the 80s. Not 1998 FBS.

There was a ton of British talent back then. Where did it all go? I still remember going to the DMC mixing championships at the Albert Hall when this kind of stuff was played live by blokes scratching with snorkels, pool cues, Belgian pastries, chihauhaus...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm trying to come across as if I'm a discerning punter with the bestest taste in hip hop but who the f*** am I kidding? I think I love this track as much, if not more.

[yt]eqh5O9LbjhY[/yt]

My advice to criminals? Stay the f*** away from Weng Weng.

That bit where he falls into the pool at the very end is deeply disturbing though. Seriously scary.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Hate to say it, but that track I'm pretty sure (not 100%) that track is from 1999/2000... Dope nonetheless. It was released on Mo Wax.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Hate to say it, but that track I'm pretty sure (not 100%) that track is from 1999/2000... Dope nonetheless. It was released on Mo Wax.

Nah. I had it recorded from the Pete Tong show back when I was at Uni in 88/89.

Name dropper that I am, I played it to my bro and Martin aka Krufty Kuts at my mum's house.

Know what you mean though about the record being 1999 ish as it was on a limited edition Major Force compilation around that time. Must get it back from a DJ mate of mine actually.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Yeah, my apologies. You're correct. I was thinking of RE-Return of the Original Artform.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
thats rather good. house and breakbeat/big beat (someones already mentioned Cook) has a stronger claim to this heritage that the shit served up as "hip hop" and "R'n'B" today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here