Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there a buy-out clause in CMS's contract?

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Well seeing as Blackburn had already paid well over the odds for Rhodes as he isnt worth 8 Million......

That and Rhodes has a great scoring record (albeit in League 1), Zaha on the other hand has a grade 2 award in diving - which must be worth extra shirley ???

Rhodes isn't worth £8million. Blackburn overpaid as they were desperate.

D

Deleted member 18477

Difference is Zaha is worth more than Rhodes.

Well he's not. Rhodes is worth 8 million clearly. Zaha is worth f*** all. No one wants him anymore. He'll be good in league 1 though!

Palarse :lol:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Yes he is. Zaha has everything you could want from a striker. Pace, Power, Skill and Goals. Zaha can get pass defenders so easily. In some matches Zaha doesn't get tackled. Unfortunately he has a bad temper.

Yet he still spends 90% of his time on the floor. Is that diving of he dowan't get tackled?

As for CMS, we'll do the same as we did with Bennett and Noone I'm sure. Hold out until summer and sell then if we haven't gone up or if we agreed with the player.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Lets see how Rhodes does this season. Plus Rhodes is 22, Zaha is 19.

We will, I don't think Zaha is worth more. I won't deny he's great, but obviously being a Palace academy graduate, of course you're going to value him more. But what Palace value him is completely different to what the market will value him. Basic economics, you can't price tag something without testing the market. If it doesn't shift, you know the price is wrong. If the highest bid is £4.5m, then quite frankly that's what he's worth as they didn't improve that offer.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
It was a very strange comment as anyone can read these comments its virtually saying please come back in January with a improved offer slightly on what you offered us on deadline day and he is yours, why do this ? do we need the money ? which on the outside it doesnt look like we do eg players got in all improved and on better wages than last year, does Poyet not see Mackail smith as the forward he thought he was when got him from Peterboro ? or does he see a player he knows he can get with the amount of money maybe have left to spend and money get from Mackail smith sale to get this special player who he feels would have more regualar impact than CMS does.
Its very tough but its a clear call out to Norwich to say come on up your bid and im not happy about this, why should we give players the chance to goto premiership ? arent we trying to go up and therefore need this quality to get up ? do you see Birmingham, Blackpools etc etc saying to everyone oh just let all premiership teams know you can have any of our players because you play in premier league we wont stand in way.
its pathetic and really annoys me, if we want success we gotta stop losing our best players, eg bennett, Noone i understood as not our best player by a mile it made business sense but Mackail smith doesnt as soo lacking of forwards and he has potential to be a big scorer for us in this league and premiership i thought that was intention when bought him

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
We will, I don't think Zaha is worth more. I won't deny he's great, but obviously being a Palace academy graduate, of course you're going to value him more. But what Palace value him is completely different to what the market will value him. Basic economics, you can't price tag something without testing the market. If it doesn't shift, you know the price is wrong. If the highest bid is £4.5m, then quite frankly that's what he's worth as they didn't improve that offer.

Very true.

TBF if he had come out of your academy Brighton fans would be saying the same.

I will enjoy our last season with Wilf as he will be off next summer. (To Wigan knowing our history)

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Very true.

TBF if he had come out of your academy Brighton fans would be saying the same.

I will enjoy our last season with Wilf as he will be off next summer. (To Wigan knowing our history)

Exactly, I'd always value our players higher than what others will. But you'll get a good few million for him. I just don't think it's as high as some of your fellow fans suggest it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here