Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there a buy-out clause in CMS's contract?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
If we plainly aren't going to sell someone that could help us into the Prem then why would we be scared of the January window? Unless there is a buyout clause that he could go if another team offered £X Million? Depending on the value of 'X' there could be a few teams willing to pay that if he keeps on scoring.

That's the only thing that would make sense from the Argus article.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Because Poyet has said he will never get in the way if a player wants to leave, or is a clear step up for them. Also I assume if we got an offer of like £4m, he'd be of.

No-one will know about buyout clauses etc

D

Deleted member 18477

Pretty sure poyet would say f*** off to Norwich if we were top by January and CMS has 15 goals!

Or say 6 million+ please!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Because Poyet has said he will never get in the way if a player wants to leave, or is a clear step up for them. Also I assume if we got an offer of like £4m, he'd be of.

If CMS was on fire and we had a very strong change of promotion, I'am pretty sure Gus would not be stupid enough to let him go.

I appreciate what you're saying however it need to be under the right circumstances, not if a inform player is being picked up by a bigger club and it risks the teams chances of promotion/staying up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
While he may not stand in the way long term, if we were at the top (just hypothetically) with a good chance of promotion, largely thanks to CMS, I doubt Gus would let him go straight away. It's more likely he'd say 'if you want to go onto bigger and better things, fair enough, but you can wait until the summer'.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

When Norwich first came in for Bennett (Jan 2010) there was a lot of panic on here until Bloom said 'we're not selling'. I'm quite sure that he would say exactly the same next Jan regarding CMS. So why would Gus & co. be worried - unless this time there was a pre-agreed value at which we would have to release him? All the time he was just ticking over on 10-15 goals per season this value would not be reached, but if he goes on a hot run (a bit like with P'boro) then teams may want to meet the valuation. I can't think of any other reason why we would be concerned about January.

It will also depend where Norwich are in the Premiership. If they are in a relegation fight and we are near the top it may not look such an attractive proposition to CMS. Everything he has said and his original decision to join us suggests a short term wage increase may not be his prime motivation.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
While he may not stand in the way long term, if we were at the top (just hypothetically) with a good chance of promotion, largely thanks to CMS, I doubt Gus would let him go straight away. It's more likely he'd say 'if you want to go onto bigger and better things, fair enough, but you can wait until the summer'.

When Norwich first came in for Bennett (Jan 2010) there was a lot of panic on here until Bloom said 'we're not selling'. I'm quite sure that he would say exactly the same next Jan regarding CMS. So why would Gus & co. be worried - unless this time there was a pre-agreed value at which we would have to release him? All the time he was just ticking over on 10-15 goals per season this value would not be reached, but if he goes on a hot run (a bit like with P'boro) then teams may want to meet the valuation. I can't think of any other reason why we would be concerned about January.

Agree with this and Bennett is a good example. We also cashed in on Bennett without any real understanding of where would sit in terms of being in contention or not. Last season proved we could compete when we weren't playing particularly well, now we've added real quality and our game has come on leaps and bounds so to sell any of our critical players would be daft when we clearly have our tails up and can realistically hope to challenge. If we finish mid table and put in a load of lacklustre performances maybe Gus will move a few out but I'm not expecting it

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Like I posted in another thread.
Well if rumours were true last January window when reading were supposed to have offered 4m+ that would have been the time to cash in. But I see CMS being part of the team for a long time, no need to sell him at all, he will score goals, just a confidence player like most others. Long may his performances continue and push us into the premiership.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Difference is Zaha is worth more than Rhodes.

Well seeing as Blackburn had already paid well over the odds for Rhodes as he isnt worth 8 Million......

That and Rhodes has a great scoring record (albeit in League 1), Zaha on the other hand has a grade 2 award in diving - which must be worth extra shirley ???

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
He ant though

Yes he is. Zaha has everything you could want from a striker. Pace, Power, Skill and Goals. Zaha can get pass defenders so easily. In some matches Zaha doesn't get tackled. Unfortunately he has a bad temper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here