Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is The "insider" Forum Worthwhile?

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
I was looking through the replies section earlier and noticed that whilst "Insider" is happy to reply to commercially related questions, he/she seems reluctant to answer specific questions on players, contracts and more in-depth stuff, prefering just to ignore those.

Now, whilst I understand that they may not be party to everything, surely they have some sort of idea or could at least answer the question with a "dont know" or "not able to answer" so we are clear where we stand.

I am not so sure that it is worthwhile in any capacity other than that of a commercial/fund raising forum.

What does everyone else think?

P.s. I meant to post this in the main forum, can a moderator move it please. Thanks.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Personally I think it is great. Some of the questions are moronic though, and show just how stupid some people are. There is no way the club is going to reveal commercially sensitive information, so why some fans think it is their 'right' to know is beyond me.

Sounds like a topic for a poll Gunter!

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
The players contracts issue is something that is on-going. Obviously the club wants to secure the players on new contracts, and discussions are taking place. However until anything is finalised there is nothing to say on these matters. As for the direct question are we going to sign Steve Claridge, I did ask the manager this one, and he laughed it off.

You have to remember that this is a public forum and things like how players' contracts are confidential and are not going to be covered here.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Indeed, I can't believe people actually think that the club are going to reveal anything about possible transfers and stuff.
Personally I think it's very handy.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Indeed, I can't believe people actually think that the club are going to reveal anything about possible transfers and stuff.
Personally I think it's very handy.

To be honest, I just wanted to see some assurance that we are actually continuing negotiations with Cullip, Knight, McGhee et al. We have not got long left before these run out and I really want to know that there is some sort of movement in negotiation terms without wishing to know specifics.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Someone from inside the club giving out infomation has got to be a good thing hasn't it?

The non-replies on the more sensitive stuff, like transfers etc, are understandable but also sometimes revealing.

So I say carry on with the Insider forum.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
GUNTER said:
To be honest, I just wanted to see some assurance that we are actually continuing negotiations with Cullip, Knight, McGhee et al. We have not got long left before these run out and I really want to know that there is some sort of movement in negotiation terms without wishing to know specifics.

Do you think Cullip, Knight and McGhee would tell you?

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Richie Morris said:
I dont think that anyone with the cheeky girls as his avatar should be criticising anyone. ;)

Don't you call into question my relationship with the beautiful, sexy Cheeky girls. :p :p

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Do you think Cullip, Knight and McGhee would tell you?

Thats a stupid comment.

I think we have a right to know if the club is negotiation with these players or not. As I said, I don't want to know the specifics of the deals.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Gunter has a point in that it would not hurt to say 'negotiations are ongoing etc' because this generally appears in the local papers and what have you.

That said, if it was made common knowledge that a contract talk had stalled, it may affect any approach from other clubs. Im thinking of Everton sniffing after Harding. If they knew contract talks had stalled they could come knocking with a small transfer fee.

Thinking about it I think it is best contract talks etc are left to the club.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
I agree that the ask the club section is a great asset and must be kept. However I think the answers left by the club need to be a bit better at times.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Richie Morris said:
Gunter has a point in that it would not hurt to say 'negotiations are ongoing etc' because this generally appears in the local papers and what have you.

That said, if it was made common knowledge that a contract talk had stalled, it may affect any approach from other clubs. Im thinking of Everton sniffing after Harding. If they knew contract talks had stalled they could come knocking with a small transfer fee.

Thinking about it I think it is best contract talks etc are left to the club.

They will know this from speaking to the player's agent anyhow. I think the fans have a right to know what's going on.

the uninformed

Jul 27, 2004
GUNTER, please do not start moaning about the quality of the club forum. The Insider is not paid by NSC and is under no obligation to answer any of our (often pointless and trivial) questions. I am often embarressed by some of the questions and am greatful for Insider's patience and time. The Forum can never provide us with all the information we would like so lets just be happy with what we have. It is more than most clubs have.
I would like to say thanks to Insider for all the information he has provided so far, and hope he continues to do so.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
the uninformed said:
GUNTER, please do not start moaning about the quality of the club forum. The Insider is not paid by NSC and is under no obligation to answer any of our (often pointless and trivial) questions. I am often embarressed by some of the questions and am greatful for Insider's patience and time. The Forum can never provide us with all the information we would like so lets just be happy with what we have. It is more than most clubs have.
I would like to say thanks to Insider for all the information he has provided so far, and hope he continues to do so.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I agree and yes, some of the questions deserve ignoring. I just wish Insider could be a little more forthcoming with player information for the fans.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I had a question for Insider a while ago and I got a quick and accurate answer. I think it's a great service. However, a lot of the questions that are asked there are just stupid, and many people are now just using the forum as an excuse to bitch and moan. I wouldn't be surprised if Insider decided to pull the plug on the forum in the near future. Shame because people are abusing a great service.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here