Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is retro chanting the way forward?

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
What with all this " i dont like this chant blah blah blah thìnk up some new songs" type threads i was struck by an idea from our claret and blue guests the other evening. Whilst waiting for the lewes train after the match in the pissing rain the bubble blowers started singing songs about Bobby Moore and John Lyall, which is ironic given their new hoofarama stylee. But then i had a thought lets retro chant! We never argued in the past about them did we? Johnny Crumplin football genius would sound awesome and fantastically irrelevant at the same time!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Surely it would have more of a chance than a load of new songs? At least 25% of the North must know most of the old songs already.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
bring back the old classics !!!
He's bald he's bent his arse is up for rent referee !!!! Referee !!!!

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
:rotlf: most of our current fans wouldn't know the names of to many players from the 70s and 80s bloke behind me the other day asked who the f*** was he, when Niel Smiley was being interviewed

..Or going right back in time "Hans is evil, Hans is evil...". I believe the current expression for this sort of thing is "totally random".

How about re-releasing the T - Shirts. "Lean Mean tackling machine" (Wilkins), "We've got a Maltese International" (Chivers I believe).

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
He's here, he's there, he's every f***ing where, Norman Gall, Norman Gall...

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Well, among the retro chants that have had an airing in our section of the North have been "We all live in a Wardy wonderland", "You are my Brighton, my only Brighton", "We all follow the Albion (over land and sea)", "Glory glory Brighton Hove Albion" etc

There's life in the old chants yet :clap:

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
I started up "Barry Lloyds Blue'n'White Army" in the East during the Peterborough game.
No one joined in.
Mind you, I started "Oh when the Stripes.." against WHU & no one joined in with that either.
On the subject of retro chants can someone complete the following, it's been bugging me for a while...
"My eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the King,
He plays for Brightnove Albion & his name is John Crumplin"....

Thank you.

Magicman

Jul 19, 2011
Elm Grove
" Your going home in a st.Johns ambulance "
" Referee , referee , your old woman is a slag " ???
And my favorite memory as a kid at the Goldstone when Norman Whiteside made his debut " Norman Whiteside , Norman Whiteside , does ya muvver know ya ere ? "

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Well, among the retro chants that have had an airing in our section of the North have been "We all live in a Wardy wonderland", "You are my Brighton, my only Brighton", "We all follow the Albion (over land and sea)", "Glory glory Brighton Hove Albion" etc

There's life in the old chants yet :clap:

These should definitely be sung more often

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
..Or going right back in time "Hans is evil, Hans is evil...". I believe the current expression for this sort of thing is "totally random".

How about re-releasing the T - Shirts. "Lean Mean tackling machine" (Wilkins), "We've got a Maltese International" (Chivers I believe).

I virtually lived in those t shirts when I was a student!!

Flash Walker was my fave!!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Go left, go left!
etc...

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
There was a fat old policeman
a right old twat was he