Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is now the time to read the riot act to Vicente

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I don't really get this tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me childish stuff. The bloke isn't alright to play right now, so he isn't. I want him to return as i love the image of him wearing an Albion shirt, but if he isn't able to again i won't plop my pants over it in tantrum number 3807. I'll dream a little harder and get on with other little bits of my life that i have more control over in my waking hours.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
And to think that the club chased the waste of space that is Vicente all the way to Gatwick airport for his signature. Hilarious.

:down:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I bet he didn't pay for that lunch at Galileo's with his family either

Why should he have done? We clearly wanted his signature so badly that no expense was spared. Sadly, it was a gamble that hasn't paid off ....at least so far.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Why should he have done? We clearly wanted his signature so badly that no expense was spared. Sadly, it was only gamble that hasn't paid off ....at least so far.

The guy is injured. What can he do about it?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Valencia's medical staff suggested the injuries were in his head, all signs indicate they were right.

And we thought that we could succeed where Valencia had failed? Not very clever.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Valencia's medical staff suggested the injuries were in his head, all signs indicate they were right.

If that was true then the club would have sacked him (if he was on a pay as you play)

So how fit was he when he signed a contract with us?

I don't know but i doubt the club would sign a injured player.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If that was true then the club would have sacked him (if he was on a pay as you play)

I don't know but i doubt the club would sign a injured player.

Sadly, I think this may have been a case where the club allowed its heart to rule its head - and we were chasing a signing that would boost the club's profile still further. Business and sentiment are rarely a good mix.

Hopefully, however, we'll have learnt from this and similar mistakes won't be made again.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Sadly, I think this may have been a case where the club allowed its heart to rule its head - and we were chasing a signing that would boost the club's profile still further. Business and sentiment are rarely a good mix.

Hopefully, however, we'll have learnt from this and similar mistakes won't be made again.

Bit like us with Edgar. I think a 100% fit Vicente would have been superb but then if he was 100% fit and injury free he wouldn't be at Brighton.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Bit like us with Edgar. I think a 100% fit Vicente would have been superb but then if he was 100% fit and injury free he wouldn't be at Brighton.

Agreed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here