Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is now the time to read the riot act to Vicente

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As far as I am aware, the club has never confirmed that Vicente is on a pay per play contract. I suspect he's raking in the dosh for doing bugger all on a relatively attractive contract.

If he's not he would well become our most expensive ever failed gamble. The fact that nobody seems to have a clue what is actually wrong with him and the club have given up giving us any information is frustrating.

On the other hand he could turn out ot be the best signing that this club has ever made if he comes back and plays for a couple of months.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
He's not on a pay as you play .. he got a 1-year contract an expensive one at that... think we need to cut our losses and use his wages on some-one else

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
He's not on a pay as you play .. he got a 1-year contract an expensive one at that... think we need to cut our losses and use his wages on some-one else

If so, someone in the club messed up big-time. The question is who? We know it couldn't be Gus but who else fouled up? The club's medic?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

If thats true, How the F*** would we be cutting our losses.
Seeing as we would have to pay his year contract anyway.
Jeez!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If thats true, How the F*** would we be cutting our losses.
Seeing as we would have to pay his year contract anyway.
Jeez!

Quite.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Does that mean the hamstring trouble I've been having since October are all in my head too?

Yep and whoever didnt diagnose it needs shooting. But i suspect its MADE UP by the player himself.

oh ah stantona

Oct 19, 2008
Fact is fella's he is on an 1 season contract and is our highest payed player,,,Could have been a fantastic signing fact is we are now half way through the season and he has played 1 and half games and scored one goal...in my mind that doesnt represent value for money....he seems reluctant to leave spain for any length of time my guess is his fitness issues are due to lack of training because he can not hack it over here.....jog him on and spend the wages on a fit mobile centre foward to play up top with cms...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Does that mean the hamstring trouble I've been having since October are all in my head too?

Yep and whoever didnt diagnose it needs shooting. But i suspect its MADE UP by the player himself.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Fact is fella's he is on an 1 season contract and is our highest payed player,,,Could have been a fantastic signing fact is we are now half way through the season and he has played 1 and half games and scored one goal...in my mind that doesnt represent value for money....he seems reluctant to leave spain for any length of time my guess is his fitness issues are due to lack of training because he can not hack it over here.....jog him on and spend the wages on a fit mobile centre foward to play up top with cms...

If he is refusing to return from spain, why can't they terminate the contract/ fine him etc - as when Tevez refused to warm up ?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

So your reading of this is that the club should in fact terminate his contract ? Care to divulge where some of your facts are coming from ?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Lot of pig ignorance on this thread.:nono:

Vicente, How dare you be injured, even though you have suffered with injuries for a few seasons now.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I think the lesson here is when the club cease to provide information to update the situation people make up their own

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Amazing how many NSC members know what Vicente's wages are and what his injury problems are.
I know we haven't seen much of him, but what iv'e seen shows he is the dogs bollocks, and IF he gets fit, he will make a lot of you eat your words.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Amazing how many NSC members know what Vicente's wages are and what his injury problems are.
I know we haven't seen much of him, but what iv'e seen shows he is the dogs bollocks, and IF he gets fit, he will make a lot of you eat your words.

Think his goal at Ipswich proves what we all hope we will see again before seasons end.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
This 'thigh' injury of Vicente must be incredibly complex. Seriously what could it possibly be to take this long to recover? Its not like its a broken bone is it? Personally and with no inside knowledge whatsoever my feeling is that great player though he is, Vicente is just mugging us off. I've been dying to see him play ever since he's signed and was beyond excited when he did play but this situation is taking the piss to the extreme and either the guy gets a grip and makes an effort or buggers off back to Spain.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He is NOT on pay as you play. Bloom is very p1ssed off with situation. A big mistake. Source close to club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here