Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is last night really THAT much of a disaster?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
This is Leicester's home record this season...

P W D L F A
6 6 0 0 11 2

Who HONESTLY thought that this was a nailed on win for us? (Judging by most of the comments on here there should be a LOT of people saying 'yes' to that question)

We could have scored a penalty but it was saved, not missed.

We had a chance at the end of the game that could/should have gone in.

The 2nd half was a massive improvement on the first and we could/should have got at least a point.

I know things aren't exactly amazing at the moment but don't read too much into last night. If you need to get your season back underway then last night was possibly the worst game to try and do it in!

Things do need to improve but lets not get carried away with the result last night.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Post is far too reasonable.

No place for that kind of thing here, thank you very much.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

P W D L F A
6 6 0 0 11 2

Who HONESTLY thought that this was a nailed on win for us? (Judging by most of the comments on here there should be a LOT of people saying 'yes' to that question)

The 2nd half was a massive improvement on the first and we could/should have got at least a point.

I know things aren't exactly amazing at the moment but don't read too much into last night. If you need to get your season back underway then last night was possibly the worst game to try and do it in!

Things do need to improve but lets not get carried away with the result last night.

Enough of this sensible nonsense, the hand wringing lynch mob won't like it you know.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope but we have too many fans who seem to think we have a divine right to be at the top.

This is a very strong division as has been proved by some very bizarre and unexpected results from just about every team in this League.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
last night result was no shock but they way results have gone lately and the goals scored column being at 1 for the last 5 games its hardly suprising fans are starting to get a little anxious.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

P W D L F A
6 6 0 0 11 2

Of course, most of what you say is correct. But I think most of the worry is the current accumulation of results which have been poor whilst we are dominating (according to Gus) the matches.

I'm sure we will be back to winning ways shortly. :)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Zzzzz.... very boring stuff - much more important to start spouting off about how shit are the best squad of players we've had for THIRTY YEARS...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

P W D L F A
6 6 0 0 11 2

I could have lived with last night's loss if we had beaten Ipswich and Birmingham at home and we had got a point against Boro. It's the awful, overly defensive performances at home that really piss me off.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nobody minds fans getting a little anxious, but there does seem to be a lynch mob forming especially with the wind up merchants who take great joy in misery.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
last night result was no shock but they way results have gone lately and the goals scored column being at 1 for the last 5 games its hardly suprising fans are starting to get a little anxious.

'A little anxious' is one thing; we're all pretty cheesed off with the lack of goals, but some are in hyper-tense meltdown.

Others (Brighton fans, that is) are delighted, however.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
One result isn't but when it is part of a depressing run of form coupled with no goals scored and players arguing amongst themselves it becomes a concern

Quite.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What about when we lose to Blackpool who have drawn 1, and lost 5 of the last 6?

The Board will be fun on Saturday evening but as I'm probably going to Blackpool I shall miss all the early robust debate.

:tantrum:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
'A little anxious' is one thing; we're all pretty cheesed off with the lack of goals, but some are in hyper-tense meltdown.

Last night was a bit depressing, much like the last five games, and as with most fans I was a tad pissed off... but then reading the posts on here and the lynch mob mentality almost had me in tears... of laughter.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Yes - Meltdown is a little drastic!! Nothing a few goals wont sort out - but when are they coming

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yes - Meltdown is a little drastic!! Nothing a few goals wont sort out - but when are they coming

And, more importantly, who is going to score them?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

P W D L F A
6 6 0 0 11 2

This post cannot be quoted enough today. Well said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here