Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is It To Be ????

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
1966 - 2006

Portugal had a Brazilian manager

group stage we had UraGUAY and now ParaGUAY

1966 final Eng v Ger, hosts 1966 england, hosts 2006 Germany, both of which where in the running to be hosts in 1966 and 2006

2006 and 1966 end in 6

most people associate wembleys greatest moment as the 1966 world cup final and the most notable year of the new wembley so far is 2006 being its completion date (more than likely to be 2010 tho !!) (poorest one so far i think)

Englands probable starting line up considering everyone is fit would be robinson neville rio terry a cole j cole beckham gerrard lampard owen rooney total age of 287

the starting line up of the 1966 world cup final had a total age of 287

1966 Colchester Brentford and Southend where all involved in relegation/promotion and this year all involved in promotion

the second top division in 1966 was won by man city (blue and white) runners up were southampton (red and white)
in 2006 Reading (blue and white) won the league and shefield united(red and white) came runners up

the 1966 and 2006 fa cup was won by a merseyside club after being 2 0 down. the winners both scoring 3 goals in 90 minutes.

the 1st goal in both the 1966 and 2006 fa cup final was deflected off a defender

west ham finish runners up in domestic cup final after taking the lead (1966 league cup) (2006 fa cup)

1966 villa finished 16th and ipswich 15th in div 1 and div 2 and same again in 2006

1966 world cup winners ENGLAND!! 2006 world cup winners ??????????

so there we go a pretty poor effort but thought it might make intresting reading.

:lolol:

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Munchkin said:

so there we go a pretty poor effort but thought it might make intresting reading.

:lolol:

Would have been more interesting if it was in English

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Munchkin said:
In 1966 Ernest made a joke about potless dick and magoo the clown and the clipboard kid. In 2006 he was still making the same joke, over and over and over and over again.

Applies to all the World Cups in between too, though, surely?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
zefarelly said:
don't we get a similar set of analogies every time theres a tournament ?

The Le Mans occurs at the same time of the World Cup...therefore the FRENCH must be the winners :D

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
4 years prior to '66, Brazil won the world cup - 4 years prior to '06, Brazil won the world cup. :ohmy:

In the season leading up to the '66 world cup, Brighton ended up in the 3rd English division (promotion from the 4th).
In the season leading up to the '06 world cup, Brighton ended up in the 3rd English division (relegation from the 2nd).

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
surrey jim said:
If you think we have a chance of winning were definatley fu***d

:lolol: :lolol:

In fairness though I did say on saturday to John (RCN) that liverpool would come back towin the cup final (Twice). So my predictions re not that bad.:D

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Statto said:
:lolol: :lolol:

In fairness though I did say on saturday to John (RCN) that liverpool would come back towin the cup final (Twice). So my predictions re not that bad.:D

and you said we would thump Stoke at home :nono:

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
surrey jim said:
and you said we would thump Stoke at home :nono:

I said beat not thump. (statto aint right al the time).;) P.S I always predict us to win wherever we go.:D

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here