Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] is it time to retire the pint?

I'd love to be in a Guardian planning meeting when they sit round and think these ideas up for viral hate engagement. They must be absolutely pissing themselves laughing all the way to evening pints

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Nah f*** that. If they remove your pint (57cl) they're just going to replace it with the 50cl we get in the developed (measurement-wise) world.

That's 6-7 important centiliters gone, and chances are most pubs won't lower the prices.

From the outside, this looks like a draconian plan to take your money and give you less beer.

Long live the pint!
In a nutshell...........
This is the new Mars bar. Pay the same for less. Or more likely pay slightly less for a lot less. Look we've brought your GLASS of beer back down under a fiver again, please ignore that it's now 400ml
You need to get rid of the pesky measurement first.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I still don't understand the need for pubs or alcohol. Alcohol just seems to cause behavioural issues.
Do you see any negatives though?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In a nutshell...........
This is the new Mars bar. Pay the same for less.
This is why craft beer is such a good business idea, you can charge a lot more, for less.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
No it isn't. Just think of the opposition photo ops. Constant pictures of Farage outside a pub with a full "proper" pint, puffing a Lambert and Desperate while wearing a "Two Tier Kier" t-shirt would make me lose my lunch on a regular basis.

And Guinness HAS to be in a pint. FACT.
Is there any part of British culture this freeloading parasite doesn`t want to ruin . The opposition doesn`t need Farage or "photo ops" to make Starmer look like the lying git has proven to be .

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Don’t retire the pint, but perhaps add a 2/3 pint option? A half is too small but sometimes a pint is more than I want.
Who would pay for all the new glassware that the trade would need to comply? The government? I doubt it.

It’s utter nonsense. The pint will never be retired.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Does this look like a man who opposes pints?

IMG_0591.jpeg

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I missed very few things Albion aside when I lived abroad. The ability to have a pint in a pub is one of the few things that really should never change and one of the few things that I thought the rest of the world could learn from the UK.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I missed very few things Albion aside when I lived abroad. The ability to have a pint in a pub is one of the few things that really should never change and one of the few things that I thought the rest of the world could learn from the UK.
Where did you live?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is there any part of British culture this freeloading parasite doesn`t want to ruin . The opposition doesn`t need Farage or "photo ops" to make Starmer look like the lying git has proven to be .
Calm down Nigel.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's about time isnt it?

I know Labour have had a tough time of it lately but they could get their polularity back on track by going with progressive policies like this.

They need to concentrate on growth not f***ing about with the average person

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
In one of the old pre refurbished mill buildings near Manchester Piccadilly a few years ago, we visited a pop up bar on one of the floors before the match. They sold “pots” which was basically a scaled down beer glass but contained two thirds of a pint. Is it mandatory to serve beer in half or full pints in pubs as long as you are transparent about the price/volume of the drink being sold?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
My experience of drinking with my uncle (who only drank halves) is that you lose all track of how much you have drunk and end up drinking more.

I can categorically confirm that is you moved it to 2/3rds even more confusion would follow.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I’d be all for whatever option pi55ed Mr Farage off The most.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here