Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it right or wrong to "Whistleblow" on others ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Personally I would never do it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As long as you've flossed first, I fail to see the problem.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I wouldn't but some would if they knew something.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
There are only a couple of things I can think of that I'd whistle blow for;

Murder
Rape
Being a Palace Fan

D

Deleted User X18H

Yeah I would actually it might give some people more excitement than looking after a 13 month old 2 and half days a week and betting on some awful horses. But beware I have heard if it is a benefits matter and if Job Centre Plus don't choose not to prosecute then the affected person/persons may take the complainant through the civil courts for false representation and libel of course this is unlikely as anyone claiming benefits would not have the time or resources to take such action ....................would they???

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Depends entirely on the circumstances - and the person...

Snap, just what I was thinking. Sometimes 'the Rules' are meant to be bent, it's a moral question for most of us however a few years ago I interviewed a bloke who openly admitted fiddling his benefit during the interview. Anybody that stupid deserves to be grassed up.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There are only a couple of things I can think of that I'd whistle blow for;

Murder
Rape
Being a Palace Fan

You've got them in the wrong order mate.

Being a Palace Fan
Murder
Rape
:thumbsup:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I don't think reporting a rape or a murder is whistleblowing, surely thats GRASSING UP, where a whistleblowing is making a documentary about the state of hospital bogs or Doctors drug habits by getting a nurse to film them with a camera hidden in her hat.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think reporting a rape or a murder is whistleblowing, surely thats GRASSING UP, where a whistleblowing is making a documentary about the state of hospital bogs or Doctors drug habits by getting a nurse to film them with a camera hidden in her hat.
Exactly. A 'whisleblower' is USUALLY an honorable person who exposes the nefarious activities of companies or organisations. The important thing is that these actions may not be illegal, for example exploiting child labour in the third world, bit they are nearly always immoral. Whistleblowers nearly always do it for altruistiuc reasons as they feel that it's in the public interest that certain facts are exposed.

Grasses on the other hand tend to inform on individuals who've broken the law. Whether that's 'right' or not is another matter - I'd say it's down to the crime but that's just my position.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Depends entirely on who it affects and what problems it's causing.

Whistleblowing, as i enterpret it is making public some sort of illegal or immoral practice that is commonplace in a particular industry/company/situation.

Reporting someone who has just driven off in his car after a skinfull, or informing relevant authourties that someone is working without the right legal qualification (ie CORGI engineers) is more grassing than whistleblowing but in some instances, especially the ones i've mentioned i'd 'grass someone' anyway.

EDIT: Now if i'd just refreshed this page before i wrote that and read what Brovian said i could have saved myself some typing!

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I lodged with an alcoholic once who stole a lot of money from me. There was no way I could get that money back so I grassed her up for not paying her council tax, or declaring her income. Bitch deserved all she got.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I lodged with an alcoholic once who stole a lot of money from me. There was no way I could get that money back so I grassed her up for not paying her council tax, or declaring her income. Bitch deserved all she got.

Did you get any?

Pics?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here