Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it really wholesale changes we need?

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
The knee-jerk reaction of many fans, including me in some ways, was to say ' we're simply not good enough, too many deadweight players no quality we need backroom staff outed and change round playing personnel'. Is this still your view? Was this season the last straw?

I can't help thinknig what we actually need is Slade to be given a bit of money to bring in 3/4 players he wants/needs, to be allowed to clear away a couple of dead weights (Kerry Mayo is one of these, whether he should be or not) and then get this squad working. I think its good he isn't some notorious wheeler-dealer and more of a man manager because I honestly believe we have the squad and with him just allowed to make a few tinkerings next season will be a whole different story...

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
The knee-jerk reaction of many fans, including me in some ways, was to say ' we're simply not good enough, too many deadweight players no quality we need backroom staff outed and change round playing personnel'. Is this still your view? Was this season the last straw?

I can't help thinknig what we actually need is Slade to be given a bit of money to bring in 3/4 players he wants/needs, to be allowed to clear away a couple of dead weights (Kerry Mayo is one of these, whether he should be or not) and then get this squad working. I think its good he isn't some notorious wheeler-dealer and more of a man manager because I honestly believe we have the squad and with him just allowed to make a few tinkerings next season will be a whole different story...

Yeh. All the moaners were saying that we had to start all over again with a complete clear out. I felt that we may have needed a clear out of coaching staff but not players.

It is obvious we need to strengthen and a lot of players will be asked to leave (Carole, Mayo, etc....)

But we need to now build on the foundations Russell has already laid. If we are going to have Forster and Murray available next year, then it is the midfield that needs to be heavily strengthened.

GET LYNCH IN!
Will provide competition for Virgo and Elphick and will also be able to cover left back till McNulty is back.

Last edited:

Ditchboy

Apr 4, 2008
Dead right, we're OK for strikers, and McNulty, Whing, Elphick and Whing will get better as a unit, still all young. A couple of sensible purchases in midfield could promise a great season.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Yeh. All the moaners were saying that we had to start all over again with a complete clear out. I felt that we may have needed a clear out of coaching staff but not players.

It is obvious we need to strengthen and a lot of players will be asked to leave (Carole, Mayo, etc....)

But we need to now build on the foundations Russell has already laid. If we are going to have Forster and Murray available next year, then it is the midfield that needs to be heavily strengthened.

Agreed we need to keep the core together. There are a few players that clearly are just taking up the wage bill but I cant comment on staff feel that dick and the managers choice but considering FDM's poor performances at times this season when compared to his impressive season last i would like a new gk coach.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

I disagree - we still need a good clearout with Slade allowed to bring in some new players. The squad we have is to big with many very ordinary players in it. Lets have a smaller squad with better players please.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Last time we made whole sale changes signing player after player, we spent most of the season in the bottom half, a lot of that in the relegation zone, and escaped on the last day because a new manager came in and picked pretty much the same team week in week out

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
Does anyone know anything about Slade's activity in the transfer market? Does he like non leaguers or oldies from higher divisions. I was trying to find a site that would ascertain this, but couldn't. Maybe the good folk of NSC know!?

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
When he was at Yeovil he signed a few from non=league football, 3 from Fisher Athletic. Schofield and Worthington from Huddersfield, he tried to get Lucketti from Huddersfield on loan to Brighton, so expect Huddersfield players to be linked, Jevons, Cadamarteri plus the one's above.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Does anyone know anything about Slade's activity in the transfer market? Does he like non leaguers or oldies from higher divisions. I was trying to find a site that would ascertain this, but couldn't. Maybe the good folk of NSC know!?

He likes to sign bald players.:bigwave:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Don't think we need wholesale changes, Adams tried that and looked what happened. Few new players in midfield and judging by the pursuit of Lucketti a experienced centre back will be on his way but bar that we have a good squad that hugely underperformed for most of the season

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
Gavin Tomlin a striker at Yeovil is quite useful but raw, Kieron Murtagh a right winger also from Fisher much the same. Revell amd Elder would rate as better signings from non league. But Yeovil's resources are not great compared ours.
If Stevenage fail to go up Steve Morison the prolific striker would be a great signing.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
if dicker stays we're not far away from being a decent outfit. time for white and booker to be shown the door though, we need some modern coaches and coaching, especially if we're serious about developing our young talent.

kuipers, sullivan - lynch, virgo, jimmy mac, elphic, whing - cox, dicker, fraser, loft, robinson (as a right winger not a forward) - murrey, forster, owuso (if he stays), davies - plus hopefully one or two youth teamers who break into the first team.

2 more midfielders and we're about there.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
if dicker stays we're not far away from being a decent outfit. time for white and booker to be shown the door though, we need some modern coaches and coaching, especially if we're serious about developing our young talent.

kuipers, sullivan - lynch, virgo, jimmy mac, elphic, whing - cox, dicker, fraser, loft, robinson (as a right winger not a forward) - murrey, forster, owuso (if he stays), davies - plus hopefully one or two youth teamers who break into the first team.

2 more midfielders and we're about there.

Add Hinsh and El Abd to the defenders (El Abd for emergency midfield too) and forget about Lynch, chuck out Robinson and give Harty another year and I'd agree with that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here