Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it me or has TV gone wrong?.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
There's not a huge amount I watch that's British at the moment. QI is good, but it's starting to feel a little tired and Have I Got News For you is alright but I'm not watching it as intensely as I was. Sherlock and Doctor Who are very good though, but on for so little time. I miss Penn & Teller: Fool Us, first TV talent show in a long time that I've enjoyed.

Quite a good bit of American TV that I like though. Watch every episode of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, and catch a good bit of SNL. The Simpsons can still hit high notes, but I agree with the consensus that it's not as funny as it was. Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother are good sitcoms (although I wish How I Met Your Mother would pick up the pace a bit). Need to watch The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones, hear good things.

I haven't watched much, apart from sport and news, live for a while though. Catchup makes it so easy to just watch when convenient.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
TV is brilliant.

Exhibit B:
andrew_dixon.jpg

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
There are quite a few good documentaries on BBC4, tonight at 9 is "Around the world by zeppelin"; you wouldn't get that on Sky (it would be "Vernon Kaye's Celebrity Zeppelin trip")

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
When's I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here back on? I like that

You know that is the only celeb thing I can stomach. Mainly because I would love to have a crack at it. It also makes some big ego's very transparent and has sod all to do with Cock face cowell.

To answer your question, it's late November normally.

PS. Used to quite like Hells Kitchen as well. Especially Jim Davidsons outbursts. I miss that show.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think TV is going through a good phase at the moment. This year we've had Homeland (one of the best TV series ever), a second series of The Killing, The Bridge, the rather under-rated Vera and some stonking documentaries. Telly always starts getting crap in the summer but there has been some terrific stuff on in the last 12 months.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I think TV is going through a good phase at the moment. This year we've had Homeland (one of the best TV series ever), a second series of The Killing, The Bridge, the rather under-rated Vera and some stonking documentaries. Telly always starts getting crap in the summer but there has been some terrific stuff on in the last 12 months.

Maybe I am missing these because I live with a wife and two teenage daughters. Maybe it's time to go to the PUB.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Maybe I am missing these because I live with a wife and two teenage daughters. Maybe it's time to go to the PUB.

Admittedly I watch the documentaries when Mrs Gwylan is out or on the PC while she's watching Fashion Police or something equally mind-numbing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here