Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it me or has TV gone wrong?.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Just finished the box set of Life on Mars and wow how good was that programme.

There is absolutely nothing on worth watching other than sport. Or am I wrong?

My top 3 pants tele.

Eastenders (any soap).
The Voice
Everything that involved Cock Face Cowell (apart from Zig & Zag).

Life on Mars - you will be quoting Gene Hunt for the next month - "as nervous as a short nun at a Penguin shoot" is one of my favourites.

You are right - all the good stuff is on CBBC - Horrible Histories, Sean the Sheep, even Hacker the Dog is better than detritus like "Come Dine With Me" which the rest of the Pottings are addicted to. Just have to wait for the new series of Dr Who and take solace that there is to be a fifth series of Being Human.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing

My top 3 pants tele.

Eastenders (any soap).
The Voice
Everything that involved Cock Face Cowell (apart from Zig & Zag).

You're much better off listening to the radio - apart from all the great sport & music stations Radio 4 has some excellent drama and comedy programmes. Much better than the brain numbing bilge on the TV.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Life on Mars - you will be quoting Gene Hunt for the next month - "as nervous as a short nun at a Penguin shoot" is one of my favourites.

You are right - all the good stuff is on CBBC - Horrible Histories, Sean the Sheep, even Hacker the Dog is better than detritus like "Come Dine With Me" which the rest of the Pottings are addicted to. Just have to wait for the new series of Dr Who and take solace that there is to be a fifth series of Being Human.

You wait until you've seen every episode of 'Horrible Histories' around fifteen times, see if you're still so chipper about it then. And don't get me started on 'Being Human', it was bad enough as it was without getting rid of the main character (my wife was a big fan but even she refuses to watch after the vampire guy was removed). Still, the new series of 'Doctor Who' leading up to the 50th anniversary next year should be good (especially once Amy leaves :thumbsup: ) and tbh I like 'Come Dine With Me' :)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I have to say that, living in a house where shit like "the voice" and TOWIE are followed like they are crack cocaine, I have quite given up watching much at all.

Reading loads tho. Kindle app on IPad saved my relationship.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Anything with "celebrity" in the title, any form of "reality" show and any sort of "talent" freakshow are avoided as it anything that never ends (soaps).
In fact, if I could get rid of the tv altogether I probably wouldnt miss it

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Based on the offerings we get on BBC Entertainment (a channel showcasing the best of UK telly), telly went wrong a long time ago.

The only shows we have watched recently which we thought were worth watching were Luther, Sherlock and Body Farm. Downton Abbey did not live up to the hype. This winter's great new entertainment is apparently some shite about Essex - think I'll just go to bed early.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011

Shit you are right. Just found this, pure gold.

Goodbye Gene - Gene Hunts finest quotes - Pictures - Tvradio - Virgin Media

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
How on earth has Mad Men not been mentioned? If you haven't seen it yet the first 4 series are on Netflix. Get to it.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Might get shot to pieces here but I've given up on most tv however I am right into some of the US crime shows. Criminal Minds, Castle and Law & Order are pretty great..

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Yes, we refuse to watch any 'reality' or 'talent' shows, or soap operas (and have little respect for people who do - yes, I know I'm snobbish about these things, but seriously, get a life; these kinds of series are the opium of the masses - just keep the proles in a passive mindless stupor!).

But, BBC 4 has some great stuff, especially the 'Scandi-dramas': 'The Killing', 'Borgen' and 'The Bridge'.

'Silk' is good, 'Grandma's House' was wickedly dark humour and 'House' was absolutely superb (albeit via cable).

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Yes, we refuse to watch any 'reality' or 'talent' shows, or soap operas (and have little respect for people who do - yes, I know I'm snobbish about these things, but seriously, get a life; these kinds of series are the opium of the masses - just keep the proles in a passive mindless stupor!).

But, BBC 4 has some great stuff, especially the 'Scandi-dramas': 'The Killing', 'Borgen' and 'The Bridge'.

'Silk' is good, 'Grandma's House' was wickedly dark humour and 'House' was absolutely superb (albeit via cable).

I couldn't stomach Grandma's House because I believe Simon Amstel to be one of the holy trinity of ***** (the other two being Russell Brand and Ricky Gervais). He's not funny, just a spiteful child who gets nasty. God I hate those three, and can't watch ANYTHING with them in it!!

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Spooks is brilliant, watching through all the series at the moment.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Spooks is brilliant, watching through all the series at the moment.

Indeed! As were 'Luther' (mentioned above), 'Waking the Dead' and 'Sherlock'.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
always shite this time of year, even more so now with a bunch of foriegners carrying the olympic torch,foriegners celebrating their golden jubilee and making us pay for it and a government/banks who love this to divert attention from them and their mess.

Oh and the best just lately .............Vera

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here