Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it JUST me or are there too many STICKIES?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Its even more of a struggle than usual to find something interesting...

Maybe time to have one: How to help raise cash for the REMF thread with details of the various sponsorship requests, Ward/Mellor raffle, auction etc in.

We don't want people to get REMF fatigue...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Got, got, got...

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.

What do you mean you don't need any of my swaps? Put it to one side anyway and we'll negotiate.

How about 4 Aide Mike, a Robert Rosario and a Mitch Ward? That HAS to be worth it...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
SO it wasn't just my kids being really unlucky, with Clint Dempsey swaps then? They must have pressd the wrong button and printed 4 times too many Dempseys!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its even more of a struggle than usual to find something interesting...

Maybe time to have one: How to help raise cash for the REMF thread with details of the various sponsorship requests, Ward/Mellor raffle, auction etc in.

We don't want people to get REMF fatigue...

No. We need the stickies at the top of the main board. This happens every year for 3-4 weeks before REMF game which is the flagship event and all the stickies are vital. After 9/5 they can all drop away. We do not want them on a seperate site as the traffic would be 95% less. We need everyone who comes on the main board to see them. IMO.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No. We need the stickies at the top of the main board. This happens every year for 3-4 weeks before REMF game which is the flagship event and all the stickies are vital. After 9/5 they can all drop away. We do not want them on a seperate site as the traffic would be 95% less. We need everyone who comes on the main board to see them. IMO.
They might as well BE on a separate site though as after a while, when there are loads of stickies, a lot of people don't even bother looking at the titles much less check if another one has been 'stuck'. They just becomes a type of background noise.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agree with have now reached the level of enough stickies but its only for 2 weeks and having them stuck away on a seperate side that 95% of the through traffic will not see is business suicide in my opinion. Why are we making an issue of this ?.

I agree with have now reached the level of enough stickies but its only for 2 weeks and having them stuck away on a seperate side that 95% of the through traffic will not see is business suicide in my opinion. Why are we making an issue of this ?.

Umm...because there's too many stickies.

And this is not the REMF forum

And there's already a dedicated REMF thingy already on this board.

Just saying like. Not disrespecting all your good work

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How is it really affecting anyone ?. Its up to Bozza. I will leave it now.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
They might as well BE on a separate site though as after a while, when there are loads of stickies, a lot of people don't even bother looking at the titles much less check if another one has been 'stuck'. They just becomes a type of background noise.

He's correct. I just looked, and there's 2 'new' stickied posts that I've just scrolled straight past (on more than one occassion) and not seen what-so-ever.

> Sticky: TSLR010 ... the end of season party
> Sticky: Sponsor PETER WARD & RICKY MARLOWE To Play In Stripes Once Again

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I will leave it with Bozza. If he wants to move the others to the REMF site its his decision. I think we should leave the Match details sticky at the least.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bozza if you feel that way move them all to the REMF site but please leave the main match details sticky. Thanks.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How is it really affecting anyone ?

The point is REMF will miss out as most will just scroll down and miss the mass of stickies.

I'm easy about it but happy to do whatever people feel benefits REMF the most, ie raises the most cash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here