Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it ever possible to have TOO MUCH sandwich filling?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Having just finished my sarnie (see thread entitled 'Lunch') I have come to the conclusion that there was almost too much filling inside. It was packed so full of saland and tuna mayo that bits were falling out left right and centre making me face all mucky and lookig quite the fool resulting in much mockery from my colleagues. Having said that all the filling that fell to my desk was not wasted and consumed with glee making me think that it wasn't too much but maybe just added bonus food.

What do you think? Can a sarnie ever become 'full'?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yes, but only in extreme circumstances.

There used to be a sandwich bar in the lane between Churchill Sq and North St, which used to do the most unbelievably full sarnie. Order a "doorstep" or the bread was simply unable to hold the filling, but even then it would have a habit of going everywhere as soon as you bit into it.

I would love it there, go there every lunchtime, BUT, I once went there with a woman I was seeing and the sight of me with egg mayonnaise pouring out of the sarnie and down my shirt - it was almost impossible NOT to do that - didn't do me any favours.

Last edited:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I once bought a burger in london that contained two burgers, bacon, sausage, cheese,egg, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms and salad. i would say that was too big a filling, and what is a burger if not a fat man's sarnie?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It's no coincidence that Subway sandwiches come in large wraps of paper, that unfold to the dimensions of a table. A Subway 12-inch with all the fillings will shed salad over an area of 35 square metres.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Benjy's (pikey version of Pret-a-Manger for London-based worker drones) recently had the brilliant slogan 'Now With Less Bread!'

They just went bust, funnily enough :D

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Tubby Mondays said:
If you have a marmite sandwich, you can sometimes put too much in, even if you like marmite.

Good answer if along slightly different lines to mine. I've always seem marmite as less of a filling and more of a spread though. Plus I bloody love marmite so you'd have to put LOADS in to make it 'too much'.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the only way i can see too much filling is if it is packed with salad - it can detract from the main part of the sandwich and thus make a nasty mess, especially with tomato juice/mayo coming out

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Re: Re: Is it ever possible to have TOO MUCH sandwich filling?

555kaz said:
Nope. Thread closed

:clap:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's a delicate balancing act - quite lit-er-allly - but you can overfill a sandwich. Clearly you don't want to be short of filling - but in the case of a bacon, avocado, salad mayo and black pepper number, too much of the crispy bacon soon becomes impossible to control.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Ever had an egg burger where the white is just done and done a yolk squirt, that can have someones eye out.

:angry:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
depends on the filling whether you can ever have too much

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
mmmm.

DSCN5122.jpg

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
050503_bigburger_hmed11a.hmedium.jpg

The burger war is growing. Literally. Denny's Beer Barrel Pub, which lost its crown as the home of the world's biggest burger earlier this year, is now offering a new burger that weighs a whopping 15 pounds.

Dubbed the Beer Barrel Belly Buster, the burger comes with 10.5 pounds of ground beef, 25 slices of cheese, a head of lettuce, three tomatoes, two onions, a cup-and-a-half each of mayonnaise, relish, ketchup, mustard and banana peppers -- and a bun.

It costs $30.

"It can feed a family of 10," said Denny Liegey Sr., the restaurant's owner.

Denny's Beer Barrel Pub had offered a 6-pound burger -- with 5 pounds of toppings.

In February, a 100-pound female college student became the first to eat the burger within the three-hour time limit. Kate Stelnick, of Princeton, N.J., was awarded a special certificate, a T-shirt and other prizes and Leigey picked up the $23.95 tab for the burger.

One month later, the Clinton Station Diner in Clinton, N.J., introduced a 12.5-pound burger dubbed Zeus.

So Liegey responded, and the Belly Buster was born.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Those burgers are in proportion to the bun thuogh. I'm talking about a filing/bread ratio more than anything else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here