Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it dangerous to eat meat?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
with everything that's going on with the meat trade do you think it is dangerous to eat meat?
there is always someone skimming at bit off and making a fortune at someone else's expence only now it could be your health that is in danger

discuss sensibly please

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's not dangerous, it's all about quality, and quality costs.

Tesco's value burgers, Findus budget lasagne, you get what you pay for.
I'd be please to know there's a 100% of anything, in those.

With no evidence to hand just gut feeling I'd still have them over the comparable US version.

Sure we could do better in the UK, but we sure as hell ain't badly off when it comes to all things food.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It's safe in moderation and if you are buying quality. However, I am thinking of going Vegetarian for cost and health reasons. There is not a lot you cannot make as a veggie option instead.

I do feel sorry for people on low budgets though. The way supermarkets sell food as well is ludicrous. Too much bulk on fresh stuff & supermarkets should be forced to source local foods on a larger scale

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
don't be suckered in by the scaremongering papers and news, they have blown this story out of all proportion. Good quality meat is superb for you. Humans are omnivores and need meat in our diet.

Camicus

What makes you think its any safer eating vegtables they are all potentialy covered in herbicide fungicide and pestacide. As for mushrooms there grown in shit

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
FFs, Is there a thread on here in the last month that hasn't descended into puns. f***ing wank.

Snarkey5

Banned
Feb 8, 2011
i love tinned hot dogs you can get for like 20p a tin, i'm sure those hot dogs contain nothing but the best pure 100% British pork

Made a decision 3 years ago to only eat Kosher meat.

If not available I eat vegetarian or fish.

Would never turn back.

Have never had food poisoning or any other associated nasties.

Would prefer to only eat meat once a week if money was an issue eating kosher, than more often, eating local butcher or supermarket food. Tastes infinitely better. Bit like drinking supermarket coca cola compared to a leading brand. If you can't taste the difference go for the 29p bottle. If you can & you prefer the taste then opt for the £1+ version.

As a seriel marathon runner & having run more than the circumference of the world & still running a marathon a month, I want the best in my body. Bit like premium fuel. The old adage you are what you eat is so true!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
FFs, Is there a thread on here in the last month that hasn't descended into puns. f***ing wank.

Some people are such asses.

There's nothing wrong with eating meat. God knows how long companies have been getting away with mislabelling their products. It was only flagged up a few weeks ago after a random test was carried out. It's just the principle that we like to know what is in the food we eat, even in cheaper, lower-grade ready meals.

big hilda

Feb 13, 2013
I tried meat in the early 80's once, never touched it since.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Considering nobody's dying and in fact the worlds population is ageing I'd say no. Definitely not.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody's dying from horse meat or dodgy 'labelling' I mean. Obviously people are dying.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
This probably has not just started. Could have been going on for years, and this came from something that you wouldn't normally suspect was anything other than was on the label.
What about the processed cold meats ,sausages, pies and pasties etc. etc. Having said that, I heard today that what appears to be worrying are the anti inflammatories given to horses, to receive a dangerous dose you would have to eat about 500 burgers in one sitting.
The main point seems to be it's not dangerous just not on the label.

Pork Style Sausage Rolls 350g No meat here.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We are built to eat meat, best to buy from a reputable local butcher as most reday meals are full of junk meat anyway

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Made a decision 3 years ago to only eat Kosher meat.

If not available I eat vegetarian or fish.

Would never turn back.

Have never had food poisoning or any other associated nasties.

Would prefer to only eat meat once a week if money was an issue eating kosher, than more often, eating local butcher or supermarket food. Tastes infinitely better. Bit like drinking supermarket coca cola compared to a leading brand. If you can't taste the difference go for the 29p bottle. If you can & you prefer the taste then opt for the £1+ version.

As a seriel marathon runner & having run more than the circumference of the world & still running a marathon a month, I want the best in my body. Bit like premium fuel. The old adage you are what you eat is so true!

Can you get Kosher Bacon?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Is it dangerous to eat meat
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her indoors now feels vindicated after years of saying nowaytay

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here