Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Guus Hiddink good enough?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I dont buy this stuff it must be an Englishman,as the next England manager.But unless the tabloids pick the next one just who do we go for? Myself i reck Hiddink has done well with lesser sides,and maybe we can call ourselves that?:drink: :albion:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fabio Capello should be offered the job.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Leekbrookgull said:
I dont buy this stuff it must be an Englishman,as the next England manager.But unless the tabloids pick the next one just who do we go for? Myself i reck Hiddink has done well with lesser sides,and maybe we can call ourselves that?:drink: :albion:

Like Sven you mean

Oct 25, 2003
hiddink has:

got SOUTH KOREA, who had previously failed to get past round one to the SEMI FINALS

got HOLLAND to the semi finals

got AUSTRALIA to the world cup

decent track record

whats he done at club level?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
enigma said:
But there is NO WAY he will take it.

How does anyone know unless he is at least offered it

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I think the gulf between club and international is very different from a management perspective.

Club management requires some good skill in the transfer market, buying players for the positins you want to strengthen, international magers just need to spot good players and then coach them to plays as a team/unit in a shor space of time - and motivate them ...

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Good enough, but does not have the credentials or understanding of the English culture like big Sam, Curbs or Pearce.

Think George Cross, Yorkshire Pudding (and Yorkshire tea), Wensleydale Cheese, red phone boxes, statue of Eros in Piccadilly Circus, the queens head on stamps, beefeaters at the Tower of London, Stonehenge, Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, Fish & Chips, the News of the World (on second thoughts, not that :lolol: ), Cornish Pasties, Isle of Wight Ferries, sticks of rock and kiss-me-quick hats, garden fetes, Bisto gravy, traditional country inns with roaring fires, red routemaster buses, Bovril at the football, the Queen, british Bulldog, Winston Churchill.........you know what I mean!!!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He won the European Cup with PSV, and won three titles, he essentialy made them a force in Dutch football along side Ajax and Feyenoord.

He took a fractious Holland squad full of egos and conflict to the World Cup semi finals.

Managed Real Madrid briefly but we all know what they're like with managers. :shootself Then managed Betis briefly before taking over South Korea and taking them to the WC semis.

Returned to PSV, led them to the semis of the CL, knocked out unluckily by AC Milan.
Then took Australia to the World Cup.

Basically he has a history of building strong, cohesive units, getting the most out of players and playing great football.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BUTTERBALL said:
Good enough, but does not have the credentials or understanding of the English culture like big Sam, Curbs or Pearce.

Think George Cross, Yorkshire Pudding (and Yorkshire tea), Wensleydale Cheese, red phone boxes, statue of Eros in Piccadilly Circus, the queens head on stamps, beefeaters at the Tower of London, Stonehenge, Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, Fish & Chips, the News of the World (on second thoughts, not that :lolol: ), Cornish Pasties, Isle of Wight Ferries, sticks of rock and kiss-me-quick hats, garden fetes, Bisto gravy, traditional country inns with roaring fires, red routemaster buses, Bovril at the football, the Queen, british Bulldog, Winston Churchill.........you know what I mean!!!

Think won nothing between them....
think half a season of euro football between them.
think not good enough.

E

enigma

Beach Hut said:
How does anyone know unless he is at least offered it

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

So lets get this straight. He's going to leave Juventus, where he has a highly supportive board, where his team are on course to break the points total in Serie A and where he has one of the top 4 teams in Europe for the England job?

He's been offered the Real job and isnt interested, why on earth would he want the England job? He's not even interested in the Italy job.

E

enigma

Hiddink all the way. He's better than Sven, and he's better than anyone english.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here