Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Elliot Bennett punching above his weight?

D

Deleted member 18477

He'll improve. He's gone up 2 divisions. He's had moments where he's look good when I've watched him on sky. What he'll get with time is the consistency. It'll come. He's good enough! Even though I would have loved him with us still.

Pilkington is also a real talent!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
odd comment, he starting near every week in a team 8th in the premiership.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
odd comment, he starting near every week in a team 8th in the premiership.
Probably all just based on the commentator saying "yet to score his first goal for Norwich".

He has started every game but one (I think), hasn't grabbed the headlines like Pilkington, but has done well by all accounts. Think it'll be a while before we see him drop back below the top flight.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When Leicester took Paul Brooker to the Premiership he was punching above his weight. Bennett has a far greater chance of making it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Crofts came on when Norwich were 1-3 down.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
bennett's had a couple of poor games of late, not quite done it offensively so far and we've been far more dangerous when holt has replaced him both times

bradley johnson is ahead of crofts in the defensive midfielder roll and we're not playing 2 like at the start of the season as need more creativity

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
On what I have seen Bennett is falling short of what is needed in the Premiership and I do not expect him to be starting for much longer. In yesterday's game I believe he was outplayed in his own penalty area and a goal resulted. Going forward he missed the target when well placed to score.

It is though excellent to see that he has impressed sufficiently to be given a run of starts and as mentioned here it is a big step up from the Division 1 football of last year. He is young and could adapt and improve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here