Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is David Lee the Ferret's gay lover?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Discuss please ....
if you read the Ferret's latest column on the official site he has David Lee touted for right midfield, central midfield and even as a strike partner to Molango.
No other Albion player is being given so many options to be in McGhee's starting XI for Saturday.
What worries me is that if the Ferret is right about Nicolas signing, then has he been given the nod that Lee will start!!!
As David Lee has as much footballing ability as a broken Subutteo player, I think we need to be told ...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
How bout we get behind him instead of bitching about him all the time?
no matter what he does he is branded shit.
when he played last year he was no worse than anyone else on the pitch better than some even, but as its lee eveyonr starts complaining again

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Lee played no part in the game at Lewes last night, so I expect him to be in first team action come Saturday.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
McGhee possibly knows better than NSC, hard to accept I know.
If he thinks Lee is good enough that's good enough for me, as an ex footballer and a useful manager he may just be better placed to judge?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Lee is deffinatly starting on Saturday. The only question is where? Apparantly Lee is the best player in training!

Roberts/Kuipers
Virgo/Hinsh
Cullip
Butters

Harding/Mayo
Hart/Lee/Hinshelwood
Oatway
Lee/Nicolas
Jones
Molango

Hart/Lee

Personally I think it'll be...

Roberts
Virgo
Cullip
Butters
Mayo
Hart
Oatway
Harding
Jones
Lee
Molango

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Fair comment about MM's judgement. IMHO though I think fans frustrations come from the fact that every other player, at one time or another, has given some indication (even if just a fleeting glimpse here and there like Piercey) as to what they could give, or do give, to the squad. And therefore why they are worth keeping on. With no axe to grind with anyone in an Albion shirt, I must say I've never seen anything in Lee at all to indicate he has given, or will give us, anything.

Nonetheless, he is part of the squad and I hope he does well if he plays. Come on DL, prove us wrong with a big effort this season.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
not if oatway is playing

what is the point do we not learn from our mistakes?
oatway was the worst player in div one last time and i do expect him to reclaim his crown

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
kinkygerbil said:
not if oatway is playing

what is the point do we not learn from our mistakes?
oatway was the worst player in div one last time and i do expect him to reclaim his crown

May I quote your own words in this thread re David Lee back at you with regard to Charlie - 'How about we get behind him instead of bitching about him all the time.'
Thank you:)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Well eveyone gets on lees back and i unlike most people at withdean never get on the back of our players and shout get off the pitch lee your shit all through the game.

the best one i heard was take knight off mcghee he is to slow, bring on mayo instead

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
oldham gull said:
May I quote your own words in this thread re David Lee back at you with regard to Charlie - 'How about we get behind him instead of bitching about him all the time.'
Thank you:)

I think the difference is that we know all too well what Charlie Oatway can and cannot offer, whereas David Lee is still unproven, and if McGhee decides he's the best option for Saturday, I'm quite happy with that

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Trigger said:
Is it worth going?...

What other options do we have? :(

Hinshelwood could play right midfield.

Hart could play up front.

If we sign another midfielder - Nicolas - then Harding left back.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Harold said:
Fair comment about MM's judgement. IMHO though I think fans frustrations come from the fact that every other player, at one time or another, has given some indication (even if just a fleeting glimpse here and there like Piercey) as to what they could give, or do give, to the squad. And therefore why they are worth keeping on. With no axe to grind with anyone in an Albion shirt, I must say I've never seen anything in Lee at all to indicate he has given, or will give us, anything.

Nonetheless, he is part of the squad and I hope he does well if he plays. Come on DL, prove us wrong with a big effort this season.

I agree .... I can't get over his inept display last season .... he didn't even try .... I hope he proves me wrong

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Oatway, if I remember rightly, came back to pre-season training early last year and got himself into great shape and played really well at the start of the season.

This year he has really worked on his fitness and is fitter than ever. He's got a bit more expirience on his side. He's also our only option!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Trigger said:
Is it worth going?...

Do you really mean that? We are unlikely to win more than 4 games away all season, I hope not too many of our massive away following drop out because we look much weaker than the opposition :(

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
kinkygerbil said:
lee in his best postion cm and hart up front

we have lots of options

Options in terms of players.

My previous post also has Lee/Hart for the striker position.

One of them up front. One of them in midfield. I'm sure of it.

Another thought is Virgo in midfield. He's been tried there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here