Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Coppell F*****g up at Reading?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Should be nailed on certs for promotion but seem to get stuffed on a regular basis away from home??

Mind you this is the man who led Palace to a 0-9 drubbing at Liverpool and the Albion to a 0-5 at Palace.

From memory they've already had about 4 BIG thrashings away from home this season. maybe they need a man of Mark McGhee's abilities :p and there is no way he will ever go back there which makes it all the sweeter :)

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Not really, he's got them in the play-off positions which I think would constitute success if they're still there at the end of the season. It's not like they've spent a fortune this season.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Please enlighten me on all of our "thrashings" :safeway

I recall Wolves 1-4 and Preston 0-3.

A few new signings in Jan and we're sorted.

xxx

:)

Last edited:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Who really gives a flying f*** what Reading or that slimey little Palace twat do?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I heard Reading were chasing highly rated former Tottenham youngster David Lee.

He would surely sort all their problems out

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Wilts said:

xxx

Why do fans of the clubs doing better always talk about signing players in January. You're not in the Premiership just yet :p

I don't see why they should be nailed on for promotion, Coppell hasn't spent a lot of money it's nearly the same basic squad as last year isn't it?

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Silent Bob said:
Why do fans of the clubs doing better always talk about signing players in January. You're not in the Premiership just yet :p

I don't see why they should be nailed on for promotion, Coppell hasn't spent a lot of money it's nearly the same basic squad as last year isn't it?

Because Premiership clubs won't sell or loan out any players until January when they can bring in new ones to replace old :wave:

We're hardly nailed on for promotion, no... we were 6th favourites at the start of the season and are currently 4th, 5 points off the top and 2 points of automatic promotion! - Suits me fine!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Wilts said:

xxx

there was also the 0-3 against Watford but that was the cup :blush:

can I count 0-1 defeat at Forest ? nobody loses to them anymore

I should have looked before I posted I guess. Do you reckon the madjetski will get rid of SC if he fails again this year? He doesn't strike me as someone who will consider three playoff defeats as good enough.

Last edited:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Wilts said:
We're hardly nailed on for promotion, no... we were 6th favourites at the start of the season and are currently 4th, 5 points off the top and 2 points of automatic promotion! - Suits me fine!

I'm very happy for you.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Icy Gull said:
I should have looked before I posted I guess. Do you reckon the madjetski will get rid of SC if he fails again this year? He doesn't strike me as someone who will consider three playoff defeats as good enough.

He won't get rid of Coppell - I imagine that unless we fail almightily from now, Madejski will offer Coppell a new contract at the end of this season. Another 2 seasons I expect.

I imagine we'll be playing you next season at this rate, thats for sure at the moment!

Do you need a certain Mr P. Brooker back?! He is CRAP :)

Rob Roy

Banned
Dec 19, 2004
oiii Wiltsy, how many times have you seen young Brooker play this season?:lolol:

Are u in bmuff for NYE?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
:thud: Rob Roy is Dwayne :lol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Wilts said:

Do you need a certain Mr P. Brooker back?! He is CRAP :)

He'll start playing well again in March/April

Not for nothing is he nicknamed Daffodil.

Wilts said:
He won't get rid of Coppell - I imagine that unless we fail almightily from now, Madejski will offer Coppell a new contract at the end of this season. Another 2 seasons I expect.

What makes you think he'll sign it.

He'll spend months and months "agonsiing" over it, f*** up your season in the process and then piss off to a"bigger and better" club than you,

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
What makes you think he'll want a bigger club next? He left us to go to a smaller club.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Storer68 said:
What makes you think he'll sign it.

He'll spend months and months "agonsiing" over it, f*** up your season in the process and then piss off to a"bigger and better" club than you,

??? He did nothing of the sort to us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here