Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Brighton the next Maastricht?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
BBC News - Is Brighton the next Maastricht?

Rather interesting and surprised it hasn't been a discussion yet, seeing as it's next month... or maybe it is and I'm being a fixture pest because I haven't read a million threads to find this specific one.

Anyway, how do Brightonians view this little soiree? Help? Hindrance? Gives good exposure for tourism? or just a policing nightmare that the tax payers of said city will have to cough up for?

Hope it doesn't interfere with our footy!!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It appears Brighton may become synonymous with the reduction of European interference on sovereign affairs. Good.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
MANGO7 is not a fan of our fair city.

Brighton ??? Let's hope they clean up the needles on the beaches before hand - on regular visits to Brighton I came to the conclusion it is nothing more than a tacky cesspit trying to be something it is not . There are hundreds of better places to choose from that are safer and cleaner. Lets hope our European visitors get the right jabs before they visit somewhere so toxic.

I must say, I have never seen a discarded needle on the beach in my 30 years here and that included a spell as a beach cleaner one summer. Perhaps he/she goes to the wrong beach.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I must say, I have never seen a discarded needle on the beach in my 30 years here and that included a spell as a beach cleaner one summer. Perhaps he/she goes to the wrong beach.

I think he's mixing up Brighton with blackpool.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

Did you get sacked??

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
BBC News - Is Brighton the next Maastricht?

Rather interesting and surprised it hasn't been a discussion yet, seeing as it's next month... or maybe it is and I'm being a fixture pest because I haven't read a million threads to find this specific one.

Anyway, how do Brightonians view this little soiree? Help? Hindrance? Gives good exposure for tourism? or just a policing nightmare that the tax payers of said city will have to cough up for?

Hope it doesn't interfere with our footy!!

Just the one thread...

The Brighton Declaration :)

Interesting that so many people on those comments are banging on about the EU...

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
so all the great unwashed will decend on brighton for that week presumably and we wont be able to get into tiown!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so all the great unwashed will decend on brighton for that week presumably and we wont be able to get into tiown!!

so, just like any weekend in the summer then :lolol:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Brighton Declaration should be 'We hate Palace'.

They can find another name for all that human rights stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here