Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is Brighton next?!

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
but probably werent at all surprised. you need to understand that in London, roads of nice million £ town houses back on to sink estates. theres also the transportation, which allows people to treat the whole of London as one big town. unless theres local appetite for theifing, i dont see it spreading too much.

True, what you said if a little patronising "what i need to understand"...I used to live in London & know the place a little...
My quote was given as a answer to hola gus who was thinking whether or not to pick his lady up or not!
As for you quote that you "dont see it spreading too much" lets hope to christ that last night was the worst of it!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
according to a rozzer i know,he has been called in tonight as they are expecting it to go off

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Probably bull shit, but some rough looking lads behind me on the bus saying it'll all kick off tonight by the clock tower. Apparently people heading down on trains from all over including London. Who knows may be bull but we will find out. These ***** really do seem up for this.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I heard a rumour....

they say you have a broken heart

No, actually, wasn't there a bit of AGG near Brighton station at around 2am this morning?

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
With 16,000+ at the Amex, if it all kicks off can't we all just head into town and batter the sh*t out of those little p***Ks? They can't take us all on.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Clearly I wouldn't go so far as to claim it'd never kick off in Brighton & Hove, but one factor may be that historically, the city has never had the gang and/or gun culture amongst young males that are a serious problem in places like London, Liverpool, Nottingham, Manchester and so on. Yes, there are gun-related incidents here and there, but it's extremely rare to hear of someone getting shot in B&H, and there's no significant history of gang vs gang conflicts...well not unless you count a few kids who sit around Churchill Square in the summer drinking WKD and hassling foreign students. The city has other problems, for sure, principally drug and alcohol abuse, but little gang violence.

This violence in other cities has been pretty well co-ordinated, and there has already been evidence of gang-related input. If anything went off down here, I think it'd be sporadic, involving isolated incidents and very small numbers. The other factor is that in places like Hackney, the estates where most of those kicking off probably come from are often right on top of the main High Streets. They only have to walk down the street and they're in the middle of it all. Whereas if two hundred youths from (say) Moulsecoomb could be arsed to walk all the way to Western Road just to knock off some flat screens from Dixons, I'd be a bit surprised.

Fingers crossed, eh?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
With 16,000+ at the Amex, if it all kicks off can't we all just head into town and batter the sh*t out of those little p***Ks? They can't take us all on.

i was thinking that...it would only take 1 in every 15 to head into town from the amex and the brighton fans vigilante group can scatter the knobends

turnstiler

Ex North Stand Turnstiler
Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany
According to my Nephew, the police came into Costa coffee down London Road and told staff that there have been rumours of riots down london road on facebook. They said to watch out for groups of youths and to ring the police. Supposedly they've been going in all the shops (the police that is).

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)? ? I am starting to think you are really stupid. Explain yourself more.... please. ;-)

Good to see you're up with their methods.

The majority of their members are of left wing ideologies. Their methods include destroying/defacing private property to which they deem opposed to their ideals.

turnstiler

Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany
i was thinking that...it would only take 1 in every 15 to head into town from the amex and the brighton fans vigilante group can scatter the knobends

Could start a national trend of football fans 'saving the land'! Now that would confuse the old bill!

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Sussex Police @SpikePadley Most rumours about London Road but confused with Croydon. Rumours of trouble in Brighton and Hastings completely unfounded.
2 minutes ago

but just heard its now kicking off in Brighton

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think I've ever heard so many crap rumours in one single day.

Well not since transfer deadline day, obviously. Why don't you post what you know because you've seen it, not what your mate told you, via his mate, which he heard on Twitter....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Well not since transfer deadline day, obviously. Why don't you post what you know because you've seen it, not what your mate told you, via his mate, which he heard on Twitter....

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8

Where's the fun in that?

Lighten up people, it's only the internets

turnstiler

Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany

Good point. Although in my defence, I spoke to my nephew...who was there...and saw it. So that was 'almost' like being there :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here