Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is Brighton next?!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Don't spread it then.

Read the thread title. Enough people talking about this in town for there to be something in it. Couple of people said same thing about people coming down from London. Sounds like it could happen.
Oh and no shops i saw were shut, and no police on London road.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Read the thread title. Enough people talking about this in town for there to be something in it. Couple of people said same thing about people coming down from London. Sounds like it could happen.

A mate of mine is a doorman in Brighton, apparently Brighton is on high alert tonight

LONESTAR

LONESTAR
Apr 22, 2011
Keep people in the know! and lets hope the moronic chavs from london stay away from our town!!! Otherwise there will be trouble! Hopefully there will be no trouble at Falmer!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
BBC NEWS: Rioting and stealing begins in Liverpool.

Begins? I can't remember the last time it stopped

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Enough people talking - yeah, talking, chinese whispers blah blah blah
Something in it - what though?
Couple of people - who?
Could happen - COULD.

LONESTAR

LONESTAR
Apr 22, 2011
Couple of people - who?
Could happen - COULD.

alright....... calm down!

it's fair for people to be concerned.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Couple of people - who?
Could happen - COULD.

The thread is asking IF Brighton COULD be next.
Well seemingly from what I heard briefly in town, by overhearing a few conversations on both bus journeys and in a couple of shops, it could well be. All is fine at the moment, hopefully it stays that way. The conversation I heard the most of, the 4 lads talking on the phone sounded extremely confident that they had a fair few in numbers meeting tonight to cause some trouble, and where people were meeting. They also seemed confident people were coming in on trains from the surrounding area to get involved.
It's not normal that people sound so convinced on the phone over something that has NOTHING whatsoever in it. My opinion? I think it'll all kick off tonight.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
A mate of mine is a doorman in Brighton, apparently Brighton is on high alert tonight

So a guy who stands on the door of a pub or club has inside information? Doorman love this stuff don't they though? The ones I work with are always telling me there is some crew down from somewhere or other causing trouble in town, it is always nonsense.

Currently in the North Laine, I can hear buskers and see people sat outside drinking coffee, the same as every summers day.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Yes, it is. It is NOT fair to spread rumours as fact, especially in this climate.

Again, where have I spread anything as fact, I've simply relayed what I heard from a couple of conversations in town by overhearing people, and used this to SUGGEST that in my opinion there's something in it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here