Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is Brighton next?!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Dunno how much truth in all of this, but apparently all the riots are being organzied over BBM and Brighton will be one of the next towns to "kick off"

3pm apparently.

I think this would be a mistake by the morons that organise this crminal vandalism. Brighton is not like the other towns or Londons patchwork communities. Sea on one side, small cramped town center, only a few ways in and out, easily blocked off and very little room to escape unless you are a good swimmer!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
"Where ever there are left wing anarchists (sic) trouble will be stirred up." Your quote.

Which is nothing like "all left wingers are anarchists"

You present your statement as fact, not opinion. If it is an opinion, it is an irrelevant one as you have no evidence that any political or anarchist groups were involved in this. So your opening question in the above post has little value.

Sorry, but I don't. If i intended that i'd have written "I know for a fact". Which I never did.

It's simply my opinion based on other events around the world. So it is relevant in so much as there's precedence for groups like them being involved in such riots.

There is plenty of evidence, however, to suppose that this was apolitical.

That's something that may never be known. Not unless they can track down who threw the first rock or who lit the first match.

As i've already stated, i'm not saying the vast majoirty of the people weren't "apolitical" in their actions. Merely summising it was a perfect situation for a tiny minoirty to set them off.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Which is nothing like "all left wingers are anarchists"

It's simply my opinion based on other events around the world. So it is relevant in so much as there's precedence for groups like them being involved in such riots.

So why pick on 'left-wing anarchists' (sic)? There's plenty of other political and apolitical ideologies you could mention, but you choose ONE? It's pretty plain you have a blinkered agenda, as you've only round on one group. What's more, you've done it without any evidence aside from 'well, they've done it before...'

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Dunno how much truth in all of this, but apparently all the riots are being organzied over BBM and Brighton will be one of the next towns to "kick off"

3pm apparently.

The g/f has just phoned me to say the same.

TLO, TB, pack in your political willy waving and look at the facts. THE CITY WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE COULD BE RANSACKED BY MINDLESS INDIVIDUALS. Get over yourselves and have some sort of grasp of reality, please.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Sure to be a riot in Hove

I was considering starting a riot in Hove last night due to the terrible performance of Sussex against Lancs...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Are you denying many anarchists don't begin their political "lives" belonging to the the more traditional left authoritarian section of the compass?

authoritarian-anarchists? thats a new one. will they use the state to enforce us stateless society, or bring about order and authority though abandonment of the state?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
police in numbers in London road Brighton ,car parks are being emptied and closed.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
So why pick on 'left-wing anarchists' (sic)? There's plenty of other political and apolitical ideologies you could mention, but you choose ONE? It's pretty plain you have a blinkered agenda, as you've only round on one group. What's more, you've done it without any evidence aside from 'well, they've done it before...'

Perhaps because it fit their agenda better than most others for this situation?

I have no blinkered agenda as you suggest.

Why you would think that I don't know given I have stated many a time I think the right wing elements would be to thick to orchestrate such an action and it isn't an issue they could make any gains from by getitng involved.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Could it really happen in Brighton? My mrs works in the hospital and has to travel back through town to get home in mile oak. I'm now seriously thinking of going to pick her up. Or am I being over the top?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
authoritarian-anarchists? thats a new one. will they use the state to enforce us stateless society, or bring about order and authority though abandonment of the state?

I said "begin", that would indicate a starting point from which they move away from...

Seems people only read half sentences around here.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Perhaps because it fit their agenda better than most others for this situation?

I have no blinkered agenda as you suggest.

You DO have a blinkered agenda. But that's another issue.

Why you would think that I don't know given I have stated many a time I think the right wing elements would be to thick to orchestrate such an action and it isn't an issue they could make any gains from by getitng involved.

And the left does? :facepalm:

I think you're VERY confused.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You DO have a blinkered agenda. But that's another issue.

There's no issue. In this instance the modus operandi fits one group better than the other.

Given a different situation and the focus would shift to the other side. That's how it works when you don't have a vested interest in either side.

And the left does? :facepalm:

I think you're VERY confused.

I think you might be confused. You seem to be suggesting the left is one in all in.

To suggest certain elements of the left couldnt use such a situation as a platform for recruitment or cause unrest would be naive to think that couldnt happen.

Just as now the right could try and use images of the riots to recruit for their causes.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Could it really happen in Brighton? My mrs works in the hospital and has to travel back through town to get home in mile oak. I'm now seriously thinking of going to pick her up. Or am I being over the top?

If you can If I were you I would pick her up!
Im sure the residents in affluent Clapham didnt expect about 100 feral youths looting last night....in the current climate anything is possible, Brighton included

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Suppose it's ever so slightly off topic, but have just spoken to my cousin who's returned home early from a day out in Nottingham. Police supposedly trying to close all shops now as rumours are strong that they are next.
Not too suprising given its a far more gang orientated city than Brighton, but suggests there are very few indications that this will stop soon.

Need to head into town now, so will let you know whats happening on return, if i do return :wink:

police in numbers in London road Brighton ,car parks are being emptied and closed.

Typical it will possibly be that haven of beauty that is London Road where it will possibly be kicking off. Wonder what they'll smash up and loot first? Surely not the drugs clinic... Please can we not also join in with the mindless violence. I keep getting told this is in reaction to years of opression of black communities and youth. Okay then, fair enough in Hackney although the mindless violence and looting that has ensued is not the right way to go about it but, "voices not being hear" and all that lark. However in Brighton, what with it's apparent small black population, I can only see that if violence where to start it will be in reaction to the ease of which people have appeared to rob stuff in London and Birmingham and that they will want a piece of the "Apple shop" as well. Plus I can imagine it will again be a mix of retired mod's and school 12 years olds on holiday.

My post unfortunatley strays towards blaming the black population which let me state is not at all what I'm doing. I initially, although may be wrong, thought the riots were in reaction to the unlawful shooting of Mark Duggid (spelling) and the idea that the black minorities were being pushed aside and decided to react. It is of my opinion that since then, all ethnicities with a greater proportion judging by T.V. footage being white have joined in in sensless looting and destruction. I am all for protest, but this simply isn't. I really hope the riots don't spread to Brighton. I cannot see a possible reason as to why our city has to start as well.

I also want the football to be on please MR Anarchist.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Im sure the residents in affluent Clapham didnt expect about 100 feral youths looting last night.

but probably werent at all surprised. you need to understand that in London, roads of nice million £ town houses back on to sink estates. theres also the transportation, which allows people to treat the whole of London as one big town. unless theres local appetite for theifing, i dont see it spreading too much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here