Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Barack Obama British?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
A lawsuit has been filed claiming just that and that he is therefore not eligible for the presidency.

It goes something like this: his father was Kenyan, which was part of the British Empire and so he enjoyed British citizenship. This would automatically be passed on to his son, so BO would have dual citizenship, US and UK, as his mother was American. They then argue that that is enough to make him fail the 'natural born American' test for presidency.

Load of tosh, of course. Just shows how desperate some people are getting.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Just goes to show that American politics is nothing more then a popularity contest. They should do away with the current system of voting and just do it over a few weeks live on TV with the public calling up to vote. The person with the least votes goes home.

Mar 13, 2008
McCain was born in panama.

knowing its all tosh I could argue a certain Bobby Zamora has a trinidadian background so he could play for trinidad and tobago OR england, but he chose England. so if Obama is apparently 'british' as well as american, shouldnt he be allowed to choose what nationality he is?

knowing its all tosh I could argue a certain Bobby Zamora has a trinidadian background so he could play for trinidad and tobago OR england, but he chose England. so if Obama is apparently 'british' as well as american, shouldnt he be allowed to choose what nationality he is?

You mean Obama could choose to be President of the UK?

Blimey.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Just goes to show that American politics is nothing more then a popularity contest. They should do away with the current system of voting and just do it over a few weeks live on TV with the public calling up to vote. The person with the least votes goes home.

Not so different from ours now then? Talk to most people and the next election is about Brown vs Cameron and who you trust more (or less as is probably more accurate).

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Interesting article in the times last week saying that Obama doesn't hold us in very hig regard, due to us torturing his Grandad in Kenya during the colonial times.

And of course the Americans would never do something like that? Has he forgotten that the British abolished and fought against slavery well before the Americans thought it a good idea. I haven't read the article you refer to but if that is his thinking then he's gone down in my estimation.

his father was Kenyan, which was part of the British Empire and so he enjoyed British citizenship. This would automatically be passed on to his son, so BO would have dual citizenship

I don't believe this story - and even if true, obviously the fact he was born in the US is good enough. Nevertheless, even given that, the moron who put this argument together doesn't understand / couldn't be bothered to research our citizenship rules.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I imagine the Republicans will try and change the constitution to allow Arnie to run in 4 or 8 years anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here