Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is £3.99 to much for.....

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
A Hotdog? Granted its a jumbo one and comes in differant flavours, such as chilli and Garlic. I work at Gatwick and they have opened a new Hot Dog stall selling really tasty looking Hotdogs, I walk by every day and look at them and they look great, but I cant part with £3.99, its just not right, its a hot dog at the end of the day, a sausage in a roll............am I tight?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Given that a BK costs about £7 now it's probably not that bad. So long as they are proper SAUSAGES rather than frankfurters.

Jul 20, 2003
cheaper than the 6" of pus sold in some cinemas - not that that justifies anything

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I paid 1.70€ for a packet of Menthos at Mahon a couple of weeks ago, compared to that those hotdogs are a bargain!

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Buy one mate then you'll see if they're worth it, if they are shit then you can walk past in future safe in the knowledge your not missing anything special & you'll only be down 4 jibs ..... Simple

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
The hotdogs at Withdean were £3.50 (I think) and they were god awful, so £3.99 doesn't sound out of this world.

The reason vendors can charge so much for this stuff is something known as a captive market - which you will find at both airports and sports stadia.

dont get me wrong here I am not tight by any means, but when you can buy 8 hotdogs in tesco for 68p 12 rolls for 75p, it seams steep, but i might have to get one tomorrow to see what they are like, then Ill no as someone else said whether it was value!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I tend to measure these things by the price of a CARVERY.

For £3.69, during the week (excluding bank holidays) I can have a full roast dinner with gammon, turkey or beef (a portion of all 3 if I like), cauliflower cheese, roast tatties, greens, gravy AND go back up for as much 2nd helpings as I like (excluding the meat).

So £4 for a hotdog is pretty piss poor compared to that.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

For £3.69, during the week (excluding bank holidays) I can have a full roast dinner with gammon, turkey or beef (a portion of all 3 if I like), cauliflower cheese, roast tatties, greens, gravy AND go back up for as much 2nd helpings as I like (excluding the meat).

f*** me thats put things into perspective, wifey is in south of france and I am home alone, where is that Pub!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
f*** me thats put things into perspective, wifey is in south of france and I am home alone, where is that Pub!!!

The Royal George, Holmbush roundabout in Shoreham :thumbsup:

They keep a good supply of fresh food coming through as well, its certainly not left under the lamps for hours. Went there last week with wifey and was WELL impressed.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
dont get me wrong here I am not tight by any means, but when you can buy 8 hotdogs in tesco for 68p 12 rolls for 75p, it seams steep, but i might have to get one tomorrow to see what they are like, then Ill no as someone else said whether it was value!

But the 8 hotdogs will be tinned frankfurters. If you're that skint, save the 68p and shit in the rolls..... gotta taste better than frankfurters

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not bad at all... I was paying about £6.80 for a pint of Stella in Helsinki over the weekend!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It must be top quality, locally sourced stuff for that price. The meat must be exceptional cuts.

If £3.69 for massive quantities of food is your yardstick, doesn't almost every other food represent 'poor value' to you?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I paid £4.40 for ten Marlboro Lights in West Street the other evening.
Think they put the prices up after 10.00 p.m for all the drunkards amongst us and then reduce them for day light hours.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It must be top quality, locally sourced stuff for that price. The meat must be exceptional cuts.

If £3.69 for massive quantities of food is your yardstick, doesn't almost every other food represent 'poor value' to you?

I must admit, it definitely dampens my appetite for an Uncle Sams / KFC. Which can only be a good thing.

Course, you invariably have a pint or two with the meal (well, I do), which bumps up the overall cost quite a bit. But at least its a decent NOSH, so to speak.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Is £20 sterling too much for this?

Spotted in the George Street charity shop...

I asked if the price tag was what they expected to pay us!

Attachments

• Palace.jpg
    Palace.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 348

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
The Royal George, Holmbush roundabout in Shoreham :thumbsup:

They keep a good supply of fresh food coming through as well, its certainly not left under the lamps for hours. Went there last week with wifey and was WELL impressed.

Shoreham, by the time I get there and the cost in petrol, I be better off purchasing a hotdog!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here