Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich's banner

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
What an absolute disgrace to football that is!!!

"Some things money can't cant't buy....football isn't one of them: The AMEX"

How disgraceful!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
TWTD.co.uk | Sales See Town Make Profit - Ipswich Town News

The sales of Connor Wickham and Jon Walters saw the Blues make a rare profit of £136,000 before tax and interest in the year ending June 2011. But while Town made a surplus of £10.85 million on player trading, they made an operating loss of £10.72 million with the club’s overall debt now standing at £66.17 million

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
A small town club with an obvious small town mentality. They have spent a fortune on players over the last 10 years, probably 10 times as much as us.

Pathetic but not really surprising, all that tractor noise and vibration plays havoc with the yokel brain.

TNBA

TTF

Shouldn't we apologise really, for building a nice stadium with a roof to keep their sort dry, and bars to feed and water them?

SORRY Ipswich - oh, the shame :down:

Putting aside the terrible wording, which still leaves a bit of doubt about what they actually meant...... I'm wondering what we were supposed to do that could possibly appease them or avoid their scorn?

It does appear actually, after careful intellectualising over this issue - that they are a bunch of f**king stupid c**ts. :hilton:

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Another banner came out during the 2nd half, got ripped down by the stewards very quickly. We sang you can stick your f***ing banners up your arse with great joy

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
A small town club with an obvious small town mentality. They have spent a fortune on players over the last 10 years, probably 10 times as much as us.

To be fair, don't these two sentences rather contradict each other?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Still unsure what the message of the 1st banner was meant to mean. I've just started drinking heavily so hopefully it will make more sense soon.

the second banner started was "EPP... " - there's a possibility that one may have been something valid, though a low one because it was held up by Ipswich fans.

Dec 29, 2011
Still unsure what the message of the 1st banner was meant to mean. I've just started drinking heavily so hopefully it will make more sense soon.

the second banner started was "EPP... " - there's a possibility that one may have been something valid, though a low one because it was held up by Ipswich fans.

Looked like a protest against the club of some sort. Got ripped down very quickly, are banners illegal at the amex?

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Really confused how anyone could begrudge us building the AMEX. Kept thinking it was some kind of badly worded congratulations on the new ground....

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Don't be too hard on them, they're from Suffolk, they don't understand the concept of money. There's a reason they're called the Tractor boys - they probably think we could have built the ground by bartering for the building materials with turnips. Give them another fifty years and they'll understand the concept of sponsorship.

Don't forget that Ipswich is one of the few places in the world where they still point at airplanes.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I couldn't read the banners from where I sit at the very south of the West Stand so had to go onto Twitter on my phone to find out their contents. It was clear they were controversial from the reaction to them and once I found out I was surprised and mildly pissed at them so joined in with gusto.

To be honest it made for a great atmosphere. As good as it has been for a while. And you could argue that the performance helped the atmosphere but the banners came out before we'd kicked a ball and just helped get the crowd going so it really did backfire somewhat.

Disrespectful and ignorant, but I loved the tension it created which spurred us on to a belter of a win. I'm sure the offending idiots feel pretty f***ing stupid about it now

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
MAYBE they think we paid for the stadium on an Amex card ?

Thats as much sense as I can make out of it anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here